render videos as mp4 with music added

Hi,

I was just going to do the upgrade virtually another minute ago, I can afford to do this now, but I hesitated as I wasn’t sure of the meaning of the following: “The new video export feature lets you render videos as MP4 with H.264 video compression and 16-bit stereo audio in 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz.”

So If I have a .wmv or a ordinary movie file [.mov], will that still work if I add the music to it in Cubase 10.5? Is Cubase capable of turning different types of video files into a MP4 as well as adding the music to it?

thanks if you can let me know asap so I can go ahead and make my purchase.

best,

Steve

Hi,

Please read through Video support in Nuendo, Cubase, WaveLab and Dorico article.

Hi Martin,

thank you for the link. Just going there right now.

Steve :smiley:

Hi again Martin,

thanks for that link. So when it says Container MOV, AVI, and MP4, I’m not sure what the term “container” means, but I’m guessing that this means that if file is “contained” as an MOV, AVI etc, then it can export any of these as an MP4. I believe that is correct from guessing, but can you tell confirm for me this is correct please? [Sorry, It obviously does mean that, but I just want to be totally sure!].

many thanks,

Steve

Hi,

The “container” means the “file type”.

Hi Martin,

that’s great.

many thanks,

Steve