Dongle to China?

Shipping an itsy-bitsy dongle to China? How do I upgrade from Elements to Artist if that dad-blamed Dongle is shipping internationally? It would take months for it to reach here, and cost a fortune to ship - and chances of it getting lost are pretty good?! It would be a fluke if it arrived though China Post!

Really no way around it because the dongle is required. Perhaps a local store has it in stock? I know it’s a long shot that music stores would be open…

You can buy it from another resellers (Steinberg shop is only one of them):

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SteinbergKey--steinberg-usb-elicenser-software-authorization-key

Thank you for your thoughtful reply, however, shipping a dongle to China would cost as much or more than the cost of the software upgrade… and the chances of actually receiving it? It would be a fluke if it arrived via the China Post!

I know your feeling. I have a similar problem with brazilian customs and postal service. Don’t know if things in China are worst than Brazil, but here everything is too expensive and slow to import (and sometimes, a package “disappears”). I always try to buy using Fedex, DHL and UPS. It is super expensive, but very fast and secure.

Can’t you find a steinberg key in a chinese shop? I bought my first key (included with Cubase 6) many years ago from a local shop (official brazilian reseller at the time).

Here is the official distributors (maybe they will help you):

China

YAMAHA MUSIC & ELECTRONICS (CHINA) CO., LTD
2F, Yunhe Building, NO.1818 Xinzha Road,
Jing An District, Shanghai
200042 P.R. CHINA
www.yamaha.com.cn

China (Macau & Hongkong)

TOM LEE MUSIC CO., LTD.
11/F., Silvercord Tower 1,
30 Canton Road
Tsimshatsui, Kowloon
Hong Kong

Taiwan

YAMAHA Music & Electronics Taiwan Co., Ltd.
2F., No.1, Yuandong Rd., Banqiao Dist.,
New Taipei City 22063,
Taiwan (R.O.C.)
TEL:(02) 7741-8888
FAX:(02) 7739-5558

Thank you, Makumbaria!

Perhaps the Shanghai shop! I’ll let you know… the Chinese postal system is OK within China, however Fedex & UPS are best internationally.

That said, a small dongle with computer bits could easily be crushed, lost or corrupted in transit…

We’ll see what happens.

The idea of a ‘dongle’ sounds like the stupidest word in the world, I’m surprised it’s not profane! LOL