Display resolution below minimum system requirements?

Interested in Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 or Cubase Elements 10? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
Ilsenhab

Display resolution below minimum system requirements?

Post by Ilsenhab »

Hi - what happens if my laptop display resolution (1366 x 768) is below the minimum system requirements of Cubase 10 (i.e., 1440 x 900). Will Windows 10 use scroll bars to make it fit, or is fundamentally incompatible with the display? Will it scale the window and some parts of the menu/mixer/transport not be viewable?

Thank you!
Cubase 7.5.3 64bit - RME Babyface - Dell 8300 (i7 2600k 3.4ghz) - 16GB Ram - Yamaha HS7's - M-Audio Oxygen 61 - Sony Sony MDR7506s - Various Mics - Too many guitars, amps and pro plugins to count!

Pierluigi_Bontempi

Re: Display resolution below minimum system requirements?

Post by Pierluigi_Bontempi »

My experience (it seems to me with Cubase 9.5, never had the chance to try with C10 or 10.5) is that some windows (for example, the Audio Mixdown Export one) overflow off the screen, and you cannot access to the lower part of the window.
Steinberg Certified Trainer
https://musicproductionwithcubase.cloud > The book that will take you by the hand and accompany you to discover music production and Cubase!
https://produzionemusicaleconcubase.cloud > Il libro di riferimento in italiano per imparare a produrre musica con Cubase!

Ilsenhab

Post by Ilsenhab »

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I encounter that sometimes even with 7.5 running on my laptop.

I wonder if there's a work-around? I think switching to windowed mode may allow the user to scroll up and down/left and right...?
Cubase 7.5.3 64bit - RME Babyface - Dell 8300 (i7 2600k 3.4ghz) - 16GB Ram - Yamaha HS7's - M-Audio Oxygen 61 - Sony Sony MDR7506s - Various Mics - Too many guitars, amps and pro plugins to count!

Steinberg

Post by Steinberg »

The problem is not with the project windows or the mixer, as these can be put full screen and will adapt to whatever resolution you have, but can be a problem with some windows / editors. Quite a bit has changed from 7.5 (and even 9.5): some of those windows are now resizable and can be used on smaller screens.
e.g. the project synchronization setup was too big for such a resolution, now it fits - the Audio Export is now resizable with minimum height being around 630 px (but clicking some options automatically enlarges the window)

I'd advice to check for yourself using the 30 days trial: that way you can see if what you actually use is usable on that resolution. If a function you never use won't fit, then it's only virtually an issue, but if you have to struggle with that on a window you use 50 times a day, it becomes a nightmare.

There is no work-around, other than using the keyboard to confirm or navigate, the size is fixed: if one of those windows exceeds the screen-size, the content will be off-screen (most often the OK / Cancel buttons).

Ilsenhab

Post by Ilsenhab »

Thank you for taking the time to respond! Good advice with the trial, I'll try that out.

Return to “Presales”