Some Questions

Hello,

I am thinking of upgrading from Cubase 5 to Cubase 10 and I have some questions which I am hoping you can answer :slight_smile:.

First of all it won’t let me register Cubase online and it says ‘Currently, there is no valid Steinberg product license found on this eLicenser.’ When I input my E License serial number.

I have read online that a re install of Cubase in a specific way can solve this but I am not sure why my disc is to install this as I last installed this in around 2016 so if this is a fix would it please be possible to get a download link for Cubase 5?

Secondly, if I upgrade to Cubase 10 will I still be able to own Cubase 5? And if not, what will happen to my old Cubase 5 sessions?

If they do carry over will even the vari audio data carry over to Cubase 10?

Thank you,
Liam

Hi and welcome,

I don’t think, the Cubase installation to a specific folder would fix this issue. The installation itself has nothing to do with activation or registration. Start eLCC application (the best was as an administrator) and click to Maintenance. Let the process finished. Then double-check, you can see your USB-eLicenser with your Cubase 5 license in the list. If yes, use the “Registration > Register all eLicenser at MySteinberg…” menu option. The USB-eLicenser will be registered. Now you can use the upgrade Activation Code, to activate your license.

If you need Cubase 5 installer anyway, get back to me, I will send you the link.

Once you upgrade your Cubase 5 license to Cubase Pro 10 license, you will not own Cubase 5 license anymore. You will be owner of Cubase Pro 10 license. But, with Cubase Pro 10 license, you can start Cubase 5. You can also open Cubase 5 projects in Cubase Pro 10 (if you were using 64-bit version of Cubase 5 and 6-bit plug-ins and all plug-ins are still compatible with Cubase Pro 10).