Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness.

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
raino
Grand Senior Member

Re: Tips Tricks And Workflow Goodness.

Post by raino »

Since we're showing off pictures of buttons (yes we are *that* nerdy).

main writing.PNG
(387.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Shift Writing.PNG
(405.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.5, Win10 Home, Halion6, Groove Agent 5, WaveLab Pro 10, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Latest: Bawdy Politik https://rodgerraino.bandcamp.com/releases

Pablo1980

Post by Pablo1980 »

raino wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:40 am

main writing.PNG
Shift Writing.PNG
Hi Raino, that is very good work!
Too much to ask if you could share some macros and logical edits?
Like "every other note vel -4", and the inversions and drops?
Film Composer - Argentina

Intel 9990k - Gigabyte Aorus Pro Z390 - 64gb ram - Motu 24ao - Steinberg MR816x (2)
Windows 10.5 64bit - Cubase 10.5 Pro - Vepro 7 (two add PCs)

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino »

Pablo1980 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:31 pm
raino wrote:

main writing.PNG
Shift Writing.PNG
Sure here is the every other
every other note minus 4.jpg
(59.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Although an alternative way to select based on bar position is often more useful
Sel notes on beats 2 and 4.jpg
(58.53 KiB) Not downloaded yet

The drops and inversions are just regular Key Commands in the Chords section.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.5, Win10 Home, Halion6, Groove Agent 5, WaveLab Pro 10, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Pablo1980

Post by Pablo1980 »

Great! Thanks!

Intel 9990k - Gigabyte Aorus Pro Z390 - 64gb ram - Motu 24ao - Steinberg MR816x (2)

Pablo1980

Post by Pablo1980 »

raino wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:45 pm
Pablo1980 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:31 pm
raino wrote:

main writing.PNG
Shift Writing.PNG

Sure here is the every other
every other note minus 4.jpg

Although an alternative way to select based on bar position is often more useful
Sel notes on beats 2 and 4.jpg

The drops and inversions are just regular Key Commands in the Chords section.
Hi Raino, do you know if there is a way for the "every other" LE to work with ONLY SELECTED notes? I put property....the event is selected, and the script does nothing.
It seems it needs to work with unselected notes? but then I would be processing all the notes inside the midi event?

thanks!

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino »

Pablo1980 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:15 pm
Hi Raino, do you know if there is a way for the "every other" LE to work with ONLY SELECTED notes? I put property....the event is selected, and the script does nothing.
It seems it needs to work with unselected notes? but then I would be processing all the notes inside the midi event?

thanks!
If you have the Function at the bottom set to Select it behaves differently than if it is set to Transform.

Transform works like you'd want. If you Select some but not all of the Notes in a Part and run the Preset 'every other note minus 4' you will find it only changes the Velocity on the Selected Notes. But if you change the Function to Select (which will ignore the lower section) and run it the results will be: All the Notes initially selected AND every other unselected Note.

See attached GIF
LE Select vs Transform.gif
(587.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet

The only workaround I can think of is to create an LE Preset that Transforms some parameter you don't care about (for example; MIDI Channel or Voice) and then create a second Preset to select based on that Parameter. Then make a Macro from the two. Haven't actually tried this but expect it will work. A refinement would be to add a 3rd Preset that sets the parameter back to its initial value.
rodger

Pablo1980

Post by Pablo1980 »

Wow, you even took time to prepare a gif, thanks!

will see if I can make the workaround work

Rhialto99

Re: Controllers (Stream Deck) vs. Keyboard

Post by Rhialto99 »

This looks so useful. Would you be willing to share your icons or config file or whatever it is that sets it up for Cubase like that? I'm very tempted to get one of these but I dread figuring that part out from scratch. :)

avviano wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:32 pm
Of course I use key commands as well, but also the Stream Deck and I even have some key commands stored in my mouse (Roccat Tyon). I am sure you could also make good music using just a plastic bucket, but a guitar or keyboard are still nice to have if you know what I mean (;

Using the Stream Deck comes in handy when you work long hours or when you are under time pressure, its nice to have a little helper to make your workflow a little smoother and can fall back on colorful easy to read icons that don't need much brain power.

It's also great if you work with many apps (like Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Cubase, Wavelab). Good luck remembering 200+ key commands. Stream Deck can sense which app you are working with and will then serve you the icons you need. Its also great for a URL link list. I just got done configuring it to use IFTTT... with it I can now control all my smart home devices, turn on / off lights, air condition heating aso. Pretty nerdy but very convenient.

I find it very helpful because you can use it for many things (also for streaming with OBS). If you want more icons, there is also the Stream Deck XL which has 32 LCD keys.

Return to “General”