When trimming events, is there a way to see length in BOTH bars/beats and secs/mins?

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
In_Stereo

When trimming events, is there a way to see length in BOTH bars/beats and secs/mins?

Post by In_Stereo »

Right now when you trim an event in the project window, the pop-up window shows the changing length of the event you're trimming in what you have the primary time display set to (bars/beats, seconds, timecode, etc.) only.

Is there a way to have the pop-up window always show length in seconds, in addition to what your primary time display is set to? I didn't realize how great this would be until needing to use another DAW recently for a transfer. Having to switch the primary time display back-and-forth every time in Cubase is not a good workaround for fast composing and editing work, so I hope there's something hidden somewhere.
Latest Cubase 10.5, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, i9 10920x 12-core 4.8gHz, 128 gigs RAM, AMD RX-550 , plugins galore, some hardware, a bunch of real instruments and synths, Apollo 8 TB, etc., etc., and two cats

Glenn

Re: When trimming events, is there a way to see length in BOTH bars/beats and secs/mins?

Post by Glenn »

No it only displays your primary time format
Cubase 10.5 PRO latest build, Windows 10 PRO 64bit build 2004, RME Hammerfall 96/52, Ryzen 3900x, Asus X-470 Mainboard 32GB ram, Samsung 970 NVME M.2 PRO, 2x UAD-2 Quad, Benchmark DAC-1, Apogee AD16, Millenia 4 HV3D, SSL XLogic Alpha, Universal Audio LA 610, Focusrite ISA428, Avalon AD2022, Brauner Phantom, Shure, Sennheiser EVO series, AKG C414, Electro Voice RE-20, JZ Blackhole and then some

Return to “General”