Instrument window follows selected track

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
dylanmixer

Instrument window follows selected track

Post by dylanmixer »

Is there anyway to make it so if I have an instrument open, and I select another track, it will switch to that instrument? This would be really helpful for non Kontakt plugins, like when I have 12 instances of say BBCSO and I want to switch quickly between instances.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Instrument window follows selected track

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

I'm sorry, this is not possible.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

greggybud

Re: Instrument window follows selected track

Post by greggybud »

dylanmixer wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:48 pm
Is there anyway to make it so if I have an instrument open, and I select another track, it will switch to that instrument? This would be really helpful for non Kontakt plugins, like when I have 12 instances of say BBCSO and I want to switch quickly between instances.
This has been discussed before and hopefully a feature request has been made.

A huge work-around would be to create a workspace for every track. For example open a VST instrument for track 1. Place the gui where you desire on your video monitor, then save it as a workspace. Then repeat....

This is what I do especially if I have multiple inserts on a single track, and I want to view all of those inserts. Open all the inserts, place them where you desire, then save it as a workspace.

Always remember you have global and project specific workspaces.
The latest Cubase version, Wavelab 10, Intel Core i9 7920X @ 2.90GHz Windows 10 64bit, 64 gig all SSD drives (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050ti, 2 34" LG ultra wides and 1 28" all @2560x1080) iCon QconPro, Metagrid, 4 MidiTimePiece's = 32in/outs, UAD-2, SoundToys, NI, Waves, Arturia, and lots of hardware synthesizers most of them controlled by MidiQuest 11.

Return to “General”