chord strumming

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
Glenn

chord strumming

Post by Glenn »

any good suggestions on how to perform good jazzy strumming feel on midi chords?

I have been using the slice tool and editing manually but I am looking for a more random/automatic way to handle this. Any suggestions?

sometimes I use Instachord to help me as I like the way they do strumming except they have the same velocity on ever note.
Cubase 10.5 PRO latest build, Windows 10 PRO 64bit build 2004, RME Hammerfall 96/52, Ryzen 3900x, Asus X-470 Mainboard 32GB ram, Samsung 970 NVME M.2 PRO, 2x UAD-2 Quad, Benchmark DAC-1, Apogee AD16, Millenia 4 HV3D, SSL XLogic Alpha, Universal Audio LA 610, Focusrite ISA428, Avalon AD2022, Brauner Phantom, Shure, Sennheiser EVO series, AKG C414, Electro Voice RE-20, JZ Blackhole and then some

ieaston

Re: chord strumming

Post by ieaston »

A part answer:

Is there anything in HaLion's Flex phraser (V6 not SE) that suits?

Spicy Guitar and DSK Dynamic Guitars (both free) have quite usable (and configurable) strums. I used to have a plug-in that had preset patterns; perhaps someone can remind me of the name? Way back last century I used MIDI files, tag line: " for MIDIphiles" :) I wonder if they're still available?

On the rare occasion I've used strums, I've preferred to do my own patterns, and have edited velocities, but the 2 free plugins are a place to start.

Derrek
Grand Senior Member

Re: chord strumming

Post by Derrek »

Cakewalk used to have an add-on from Applied Acoustics called Strum G-2.
https://www.applied-acoustics.com/strum-gs-2/
Dorico Pro 3.5.10.1045, Finale (v26), GPO, JABB3, GWI, NotePerformer 3.3.1, CuBase Pro 10.5 newbie
Windows 10 (also Mac Catalina as alternate)
US English Keyboard

Return to “General”