List of All Key Commands in 10.5. 20 - Pdf and xlsx available

I am finally done! :smiley:

1 Like

Congrats! Will you post a pdf soon?

EDIT: Never mind. You changed the title and now it’s in the 1st post.

this is huge! thanks!

1 Like

You’re welcome guys! I’m glad you find it useful!

Very usefull! I’ll print the 83 pages happy!
Thanks man

this thread should be sticky for every Cubase version

1 Like

Why not use the manual?
Got to Key Commands > Default Key Commands

Alas, it only covers the Key Commands assigned by default, and not the +1.000 Key Commands available in Cubase.

It is true though that the vast majority of keycommands are covered in the manual under the relevant section. However, browsing key commands from within the program, it’s not clear what function each key command has. Likewise, when browsing the manual, it’s not clear which key command performs the explained action. It would be nice if the manual gave us the “address” of each key command.

For example, when reading the manual and getting to the function of the Play Button, they would state underneath: “Key Command>Transport>StartStop” etc etc.

Thank you guys! :smiley:

Thank you for this fantastic resource!

One suggestion, which may be helpful on the Excel version. That is, to have only the numerical rating in the keyworthiness column without any comments. Then put those comments into the existing Notes column or make a new Comments column to contain those notes. That way, it’s a bit easier with filter logic in Excel to show, for example, all commands with keyworthiness greater than 6.

Great job, heading out!

You’re welcome! You know, I knew from the moment I started adding notes to the scores that it was a bad idea. I went ahead anyway, because I didn’t want the “Notes” field to become too big for each entry. I thought that I would be able to find a simple excel function after I was done to extract the comments from the scores and just have the numbers, for easy filtering as you say. Well, it turns out my excel-fu is very, very weak, and I couldn’t find a way to do it. I’d sure make a second “notes” column if I could find an easy way. (Not do it manually for each entry that is)

AWESOME!

This seems to work! Put the first formula in cell F2 and the second one in G2. It fills the entire columns F and G when I do that. If it doesn’t fill the entire column, copy those cells downward to fill all rows of F and G. Then copy/paste as value columns F and G to new columns to get the original text so you can edit everything again.

=IF(D2 = "", "", IFERROR(LEFT(D2, FIND(" ", D2) - 1), D2))

=IFERROR(RIGHT(D2, LEN(D2) - FIND(" ", D2)), "")
1 Like

Wow! Great job. So generous of you to share your efforts with everyone.
I’m finding it very useful.
One question: what exactly do you mean by Keyworthiness?
Do you mean how well it works, how consistently etc.?
Or, whether it’s a key command which Will be used frequently, in other words, it’s value to a good workflow.
Or something else?

Anyway, thanks for posting this. I printed out the whole thing!

1 Like

Wow, thank you!!! I was just looking to see if there was explanations for the commands!!!

1 Like

No problem! Good to see people find it useful.

By the way, guys. If you think you can better explain some key commands, or you have an explanation for what many key commands marked with “?” or “I don’t know” do, don’t hesitate to offer your corrections, amendments and improvements. Edit the xlsx file and repost it, write here, edit the pdf, who cares! Bring on your corrections!

1 Like

@take3 My sincere apologies for missing this reply for so long. I tried the formula but I doesn’t work for me, probably because my excel is too old. But this doesn’t matter.

If it works for you, could you post your improved layout version so other people could use it? Again, very sorry for missing your reply.

Just wanted to add my thanks for a fine effort! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you very much @ggmanestraki for this effort. Very useful to have at hand.
63 pages of key commands is just insane to remember :scream: :ghost:

1 Like

Cheers!

This is priceless!