Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
Locked
FishCorp
New Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by FishCorp »

Matthias Quellmann wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:55 pm
Please understand that this is not about fixing something. The support of high resolution displays is a development task that we can only achieve in iterations. The 100% and 200% support was the first step. After that we needed to work in the backend to prepare the framework in order to deal with uneven scalings like 150%. The next step will be the support of scaling of the main application. But it will be a topic for some more future Cubase versions until we will be able to fully support HiDPI in every corner and bitmap of the application.
So .. HiDPI was introduced in Cubase 10.0 - and its still not fully usable in the latest version. For me, personally, the one truly showstopping problem is the lack of 2x scaling for plugins not aware of HiDPI; something which competing DAWS does just fine. I don't really see any room for interpretation on Steinbergs behalf: it was a selling point in the marketing of Cubase 10, and here - a paid upgrade later, we're told that we'll have to pay even more, before its usable for production work even with the current 100%/200% limitations (that in fairness was mentioned at C10 launch).

I'm truly sorry to sound harsh, but this is an outright deceptive way of conducting business. Is this not obvious to Steinberg management or whoever is in charge of development priorities? I can assure you it's obvious to everybody else ..

Best,
Rune
FishCorp / Copenhagen

muzark
New Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by muzark »

Janko Kezar wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:56 am
Matthias Quellmann wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:01 pm
Orestis wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 4:59 pm
Thank you guys for the new update, checking it right now, looks promising !!

But please someone can give me an answer to this :
Grid Type and Quantize Preset Menu Options don't change anymore with the MOUSE WHEEL ????
viewtopic.php?f=283&t=189853

Thank you in advance, but it is one of the most important workflow options!!!
Hi,

This change was intentional to improve the consistency of these type drop down selections. I will talk to the team about your feedback.

Thanks,
Matthias
Please bring this back. It really speeds up changing of grid values.

This is the second thing your team removed for consistency that really slows down workflow- the first one was the decimation of the right click menu (we have to travel to the main top menu to use some of the command like range and glue).
MOUSE WHEEL!!!!
PLEASE BRING THIS BACK!!!!

User avatar
jimknopf
Member
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by jimknopf »

Matthias Quellmann wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:55 pm
Hi Gerry,

Thank you for your respectful feedback. Please understand that this is not about fixing something. The support of high resolution displays is a development task that we can only achieve in iterations. The 100% and 200% support was the first step. After that we needed to work in the backend to prepare the framework in order to deal with uneven scalings like 150%. The next step will be the support of scaling of the main application. But it will be a topic for some more future Cubase versions until we will be able to fully support HiDPI in every corner and bitmap of the application.

With every Cubase release we can only make an offer to our customers. We do our best to make the best possible value proposition for the various user groups from Hollywood composers to home studio producers. I hope that you can see that we always tried to listen carefully to our customers and develop Cubase in your best interest. This will be the same for Cubase 11. There will be a lot of improvements, new features and also a next step for the HiDPI support on Windows. We will again make an offer to you and hope that you value our work highly enough to pay for it. There will be a 30 day trial version as every year, so you will be able to find out whether the improvements are worth the update or not.

I understand, that this is not the quick and free solution you are hoping for, but I can just ask you for some more patience.

Best regards,
Matthias
With all due respect, this is a highly problematic view, which can hardly be shared and accepted by us Cubase users in this weird way.

It means that ressources of Yamaha/Steinberg for an ESSENTIAL while using Cubase in HiDPI have not reached the absolutely required second level of offering 150% resolution, two years after introducing 100% and 200%, now followed by further delay towards Cubase 11. You can't be serious to think, that this is a remotely acceptable perspective for many paying Cubase Pro customers. What I find even more strange, is that Yamaha/Steinberg management obviously doesn't understand, how serious a threat to your whole already difficult standing in a crowded DAW market this extremely problematic resource decision may be.
From my view it was absolutely required to put enough high priority ressources into this to get basic 150% resolution done within roughly a year. You might lose much more money by alienating trustful Cubase customers the way this happens now.

Reading your statement shows me no conscious change towards a decisive development push, just the opposite: further slowmo with limited resources over years to come. That sadly adds me to the list of people who will now have to check alternatives very seriously. A well working UI on modern high resolution montors is not some nice addon to be developed over three years and more. It is a basic requirement to like working with a DAW at all! And I simply deny that what we have now is Cubase in HiDPI, when many are not even able to use it in acceptable ways with their high resolution monitors. Sad and disappointed.

vinark
Member
Posts: 662
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by vinark »

An easy solution for this is to offer 10 and 10.5 updates with full/fixed hdpi and nothing further when hdpi is ready.

J Buckingham
Member
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:44 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by J Buckingham »

I must have missed somewhere why HiDPI was so crucial to using a DAW. Just whip out your old monitor. Bob's yo uncle. 8-)
I personally would prefer it if Steinberg concentrated there resources on fixing other things that were not so cosmetic. Unless of course someone can tell me how 4K monitors benefit the users workflow. Then I might consider getting one and sending my current monitor to landfill.

I must say though, I am concerned about the well being of the people at Steinberg. Maybe there is something in the water at the building where they work. Some of the things they are doing just makes no sense at all. releasing updates that should probably be called downdates. 4 things are fixed while breaking 5 more things.
Cubase Pro 10.5.20, i7 9800x @ 4.2GHz, 128GB RAM, Windows 10 Home, Focusrite Scarlett Solo, Geforce GTX 1060

FishCorp
New Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by FishCorp »

J Buckingham wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:47 pm
I must have missed somewhere why HiDPI was so crucial to using a DAW. Just whip out your old monitor. Bob's yo uncle. 8-)
Well .. it's simpler than that: just disable HiDPI, but that's not the problem here. HiDPI was a selling-point for Cubase 10; it's still broken in 10.5 and who knows what V11 will bring. Advertising a feature, taking the money, and then telling the users that if you actually want a *WORKING* feature you gotta pay again. That's the "not cool" part.

I'd also be perfectly happy if V11 was purely centered on workflow, program responsiveness, bugfixes and finishing up all the half-baked features currently in the program. I feel pretty confident, that if Steinberg did a survey on whats most important to its users and what they are willing to pay for - you'd find workflow and bugfixes very high on that list. A new pad vst is not going to help me make better music; a non-crashing and fast DAW however will do just that! Priorities, please! :D

J Buckingham
Member
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:44 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by J Buckingham »

There must be a logical explanation as to why they seem to be dragging there feet with fixes. Something to do with business modelling I assume. It's just a pity that we the users are subjected to the agony of features that almost work properly.
As artists we seek beautiful sounds. Now we need the devs to seek a beautiful DAW. At the moment it's a Frankendaw. There is the basis of a good DAW but it's held together with sticky tape and staples. After 30 years one would think they would have this DAW thing licked by now.
Cubase Pro 10.5.20, i7 9800x @ 4.2GHz, 128GB RAM, Windows 10 Home, Focusrite Scarlett Solo, Geforce GTX 1060

User avatar
Quietly
Member
Posts: 335
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:15 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by Quietly »

J Buckingham wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:47 pm
I must have missed somewhere why HiDPI was so crucial to using a DAW. Just whip out your old monitor. Bob's yo uncle. 8-)
I personally would prefer it if Steinberg concentrated there resources on fixing other things that were not so cosmetic. Unless of course someone can tell me how 4K monitors benefit the users workflow. Then I might consider getting one and sending my current monitor to landfill.

I must say though, I am concerned about the well being of the people at Steinberg. Maybe there is something in the water at the building where they work. Some of the things they are doing just makes no sense at all. releasing updates that should probably be called downdates. 4 things are fixed while breaking 5 more things.
OK I will explain to you in simple terms why I need HiDPI to work. With HiDPI switched off Cubase is almost blurred and after a short while is hard on the eyes. With HiDPI switched on at 100% it is too small to read and at 200% half the real estate is off the screen. Get the problem and please do not suggest buying another monitor to solve what is basically a Steinberg/Cubase/Windows problem. I need HiDPI Scaling at 125% and its as simple or as dificult as that.

DAW´s that do HiDPI scaling perfectly well:- Ableton Live, Bitwig, Reaper and Studio One. Note I only mention these as I currently use Studio One and downloaded trials of the others to check them out. Now on the basis that these DAW´s in principle are business competitors of Cubase you would think that the odd man out needs to get their act together pretty quickly just to stay level with the rest of the field regarding HiDPI scaling.

Lastly I appreciate the problem and I also appreciate Mathias explaining the Steinberg position but I also believe it is unsustainable. Unless of course the number of MAC users alone is sufficient to maintain the business (I understand that Cubase HiDPI Scaling works on a MAC). Oh and don´t even suggest it, no I am not buying a MAC and I am not changing my Monitor. LOL. :-)
https://soundcloud.com/gerry-cooper-855281238
Studio One 4.6. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83 GHz 4GB RAM. ASUS Radeon R7-259 Graphics Card , Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. Komplete Kontrol S61 and HS80M Monitors. Komplete 10 Ultimate, Symphobia, Ozone 8 etc

Ehabmxd
New Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:53 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by Ehabmxd »

valkolton wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:48 am
Matthias Quellmann wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:55 pm
Please understand that this is not about fixing something. The support of high resolution displays is a development task that we can only achieve in iterations. The 100% and 200% support was the first step. After that we needed to work in the backend to prepare the framework in order to deal with uneven scalings like 150%. The next step will be the support of scaling of the main application. But it will be a topic for some more future Cubase versions until we will be able to fully support HiDPI in every corner and bitmap of the application.
Matthias, thanks for your reply - we are all here on the forums because we WANT to use, support and positively spread the word about Cubase/Nuendo! The features are amazing...

Having said that, the GUI issues on Windows is a showstopper tragic flaw bug IMO. You use the GUI 8-14 hours a day and need it to inspire you, it is the reason that so many people are saying they are going to quit Cubase/Nuendo unless it is fixed. Your eyes are the most essential ergonomics while working, and nothing is more frustrating than broken windows/menus/plugins and very blurry fonts.

I understand you say there are 3 levels of difficulty, how about at the very LEAST fix level 1 of the VST plugins scaling/chopping when opening/moving?:

PROPOSAL-
LEVEL 1 WITH QUICK PATCH - fix the opening/moving of VST plugins; do 2x scaling for non-HiDPI aware when on 4K screen and resize properly when opening/moving all

LEVEL 2 - main application windows/menus

LEVEL 3 - every corner bitmap of the application

MAC vs WINDOWS and Microsoft Team's Response POV Firsthand Story

And for all you Mac users that say this is a Windows thing, it is not. Supporting many resolutions/framerates/technologies like HDR is a cornerstone of Windows and why gaming, VR and now AR only runs perfectly now on Windows OSs- not a Mac. Games/VR/AR need so many resolution/framerate/HDR/holographic options and Microsoft gives us developers the power to get under the hood and empower all!

I had a NDA with with Microsoft at my previous company where I was CEO of V-MODA (division of ROLAND), we worked with them on headphones, Midi 2.0, XBOX, store sales and more. HiDPI was more of an issue circa 2015/2016 and by 2018 the Windows best practices had been implemented by almost all major flagship 3rd party software and games, but that was ~2-5 years ago!

I was at Microsoft HQ the days of October 6, 2015 when the Surface Book was launched; I noticed they put a unique 3:2 HiDPI display with an unknown 3240 x 2160 3:2 resolution on their flagship SurfaceBook vs 4K 3840x2160 16:9. I asked their team why 3:2 and was worried the DPI/resolution issues would hurt music software like Serato that we were working with in partnership with Roland's DJ-808 and other controllers.

They assured me they were working to give the developers the docs and tools to make HiDPI a reality in every resolution and DPI, 21:9 widescreen and also 3:2 should also be supported in the OS+APPS as it is a great ergonomic aspect ratio for holding devices in your arms for devices of the future (and like the new Surface DUO coming out)!

In short, this is NOT a Windows vs Mac issue.

As I tell my engineering teams in similar situations and I think this applies to HiDPI:

"DO OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY." -YODA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ4yd2W50No
Thank u ..
this is what I wanted to explain, because I have programming experience
Microsoft //Build/ conference
i attended more than once from its beginnings, and they always offer very advanced tools that are not found in the Mac environment.
Steinberg sold us (10.0, 10.5) the same price as the Mac version
Note that the support were a difference
Why was the versions of Mac and Windows the same price?

It seems that the love of this company and its products will soon die
Now the market is full of competitors and each competitor has stronger points than the other
We just got used to this program and loved it
We wrote here about our love for this company, but the answer was disappointing and not convincing

If this is the company's last decision, then it is the end for me
Studio One is a very powerful competitive alternative

User avatar
jimknopf
Member
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by jimknopf »

@Quietly
+1

I don't see me returning from eye saving 4k monitors to lower res, hard on the eyes in long work, across everything I do on computers: it's a night and day experience difference in everyday work looking at screens! And frankly, I find the proposition, to regard that as possible solution, plain ridiculous.

Probably 125% would indeed be the fitting next step, after 100% and 200% NOT doing a proper job with most actuacl HiDPI monitors used, and more users probably wanting 125% rather than 150% with their actual monitors. Looks like we are supposed to wait MUCH too long for that to happen.

etchell
Member
Posts: 497
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:27 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by etchell »

Shouldn't we bring the video support thing from Cubase 8.5 back on the plate to showcase the lack of reliability of this company?! Companies which vanished from the market were many times going down by mismanagement. It's not only the HDPI thing, but with too many versions Cubase is not maintenanced accurately. Whoever's decision it is, too many times these little things were never looked at. And better nit to mention their poor support culture. No doubt, many other DAW companies just got new customers because of the little things and lack of customer care. I am getting sick of it, be Cubase still one of the best DAWs on the market from a general point of view, this company is not predicted to stay much longer than 5 years with such business attitude. UAD ia now even fishing for DAW users...Pitty to see...when everything fell down no one really cared... :roll:
Main Studio System
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - 1909 - 32 GB RAM - Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 - RME Fireface UC - Samsung SSD 860 EVO (SATA 6) 250GB (System & Cubase + 3rd Party VST(i))
Cubase 10.0.50 Pro / 10.5.20 Pro

User avatar
MrTopo
New Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:04 pm
Location: Spain
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by MrTopo »

Why does it cost so much to do things well? It is so obvious...
Cubase Pro 10 | WaveLab Pro 9.5 | Dorico Pro 3 | SpectraLayers Pro 6 | Absolute 4 | VST Connect Pro 4
Windows 10 Education x64 | i7-8700K | 32gb RAM DDR4 3000MHz | MSI Z370 PC Pro
SSD 500GB | 2x HDD 2TB + HDD 3TB
Steinberg UR-RT2 | ESI nEar 05

User avatar
Outsounder
Member
Posts: 472
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:36 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by Outsounder »

This year's on line polls have seen cubase fall to number 5, it seems a whole generation of users are turning their backs on it whilst long time users are switching to alternatives. Many users have multi daw installations, it's not a luxury these days, it's the norm. Steinberg seem to forget that, much to their cost I'm afraid.

It only takes a few minutes to register and download a "life version" fully functioning daw with generous upgrade paths, pro tools first, Studio one one prime, Ableton lite, garageband, cakewalk is free and of course a copy of the ever popular reaper is only pennies. Sure Steinberg are innovative but they're not consistant. Instead of fixing loads of bugs they make it worse by introducing a new user interface with many more issues, a pointless exercise in fashion ,by the time they get it right it will be really dated.

Steinberg are making a mess of things at the moment, it would seem they're having issues with the big boss Yamaha who control the purse strings and direction . All big corporations are very greedy and control. Yamaha have seemingly pulled the plug on a promising Steinberg direction, they pulled the plug on the highly successful DM series of mixing desks/controlers, stopped supporting Studio Manager software just leaving tne 01v96i hybrid desk/controller using studio manager which has not been updated since SX3, probably to push the market towards Nuage control, a disaster all around it would seem whilst dropping (yet to this day promising for the last 4 years) support for Eucon or indeed many other control surfaces, without offering a bespoke affordable alternative.

The whole HiDPI/4k debacle is just the latest of in a long line of bad marketing moves to a disenfranchised user base. People have spent thousands buying new gpu and monitors as did many on a whole host of very expensive Eucon control surfaces on false marketing claims but Steinberg. It's clear to see how they are seemingly falling from grace, what's not so clear is now they'll pick themselves back up.Another hashed up new synth, plugin or another folder full.of loops won't resolve things for sure.
Main-Intel i7/Asus mobo/Gforce GPU/32gig ram. Secondary-Intel Q9950/Asus mobo/Radeon GPU/8gig ram.Win7 pro/Win10 pro, Cubase 9.5 Pro/Cubase 10.5 pro, Studio One 4 Pro, ACID, Ableton Live, SonicCore/Scope DSP Audio System, Presonus Sceptre S6 monitors. Avid Artist Mix/Control and Transport. Software includes NI Komplete 10, Halion 6, East West Play Libraries, Heavyocity Libraries, Sample Logic Libraries Best Service Libraries, Sonokinetic Libraries, 8Dio Libraries,Project Sam Libaries, Sound Iron Libraries,Melodyne Pro, Uberschall Elastic & Liquid Libraries etc etc.

VHProductions
New Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:44 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by VHProductions »

nikhollis wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:46 pm
etchell wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:44 am
Matthias Quellmann wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:05 pm


We are still working on it. It's not a quick win and the scaling needs a lot of testing and refinement though. Unfortunately there won't be any improvement before Cubase 11.
Thanks for the update. So Cubase 11 will be free for Cubase 10.5 owners? :geek:
+1
-
+ 1 Free upgrade or I am jumping ship

telecode
Junior Member
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:10 am
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by telecode »

VHProductions wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:24 pm
nikhollis wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:46 pm
etchell wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:44 am


Thanks for the update. So Cubase 11 will be free for Cubase 10.5 owners? :geek:
+1
-
+ 1 Free upgrade or I am jumping ship
+1 here as well. i feel we should get a free upgrade because of this feature mis-advertising.

That being said, there does seem to be a little bit of confusion as to what HIDPI is

https://medium.com/elementaryos/hidpi-i ... b9bb110b43
be cool,

https://soundcloud.com/telecode101 | https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOB4JV ... 0396XaF1aQ
Gear: Mac Mini 2008 model, i7, OS X 10.13.6 (High Sierra), 16gb RAM, Cubase 10.5.11, Cubase 9.5, Maschine MK3, Maschine Jam, Arturia V-Collections, Komplete 6 Interface, Komplete Ultimate, lots of guitars and lapsteels and other stringed stuff.

BaseCu
Member
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by BaseCu »

I find it absolutely astonishing just how inept, careless, and lazy this company has become. Every new release/update is a horror show. It's as if no one is in charge of what's being done. From our perspective everything seems so random.

For example, earlier in this post Matthias said that they removed the (extremely useful!) ability to change quantize settings with the mouse wheel for consistency. Yet the toolbar is now more inconsistent than ever in this regard. Rather than go for consistency by removing existing functionality, why not achieve it by adding/maintaining it?

Steinberg apparently is appalled at the thought of its customers being productive and happy. They keep making foolish changes that anger and demotivate their users. Why? It's truly incomprehensible.
Studio One, Reaper, Sonar, Cubase | Win10 | i7 8750H/16 GB | RME Fireface UCX

J Buckingham
Member
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:44 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by J Buckingham »

BaseCu wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:42 pm
I find it absolutely astonishing just how inept, careless, and lazy this company has become. Every new release/update is a horror show. It's as if no one is in charge of what's being done. From our perspective everything seems so random.

For example, earlier in this post Matthias said that they removed the (extremely useful!) ability to change quantize settings with the mouse wheel for consistency. Yet the toolbar is now more inconsistent than ever in this regard. Rather than go for consistency by removing existing functionality, why not achieve it by adding/maintaining it?

Steinberg apparently is appalled at the thought of its customers being productive and happy. They keep making foolish changes that anger and demotivate their users. Why? It's truly incomprehensible.
I suspect it was an accident but they made out that it was on purpose to avoid appearing incompetent. A simple 'sorry we will fix it, I will have a stern word to the person responsible ASAP' would suffice. But Steinberg behaves like it never sets a foot wrong and it is all part of some master plan that we are not privy to. I would like to see this master plan blueprint. I envision it being with crayon on a napkin or sheet of toilet paper.
Cubase Pro 10.5.20, i7 9800x @ 4.2GHz, 128GB RAM, Windows 10 Home, Focusrite Scarlett Solo, Geforce GTX 1060

wjoyce
Junior Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri May 17, 2019 6:58 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by wjoyce »

J Buckingham wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:27 pm
As artists we seek beautiful sounds. Now we need the devs to seek a beautiful DAW. At the moment it's a Frankendaw. There is the basis of a good DAW but it's held together with sticky tape and staples.
As a relatively new visitor to these shores, this is exactly how I see it. I have experience of several other DAWs over the last three decades and, in comparison to most, Cubase now feels like a product that's out of control and running away from the development team. It feels very much like a product in desperate needs of a rewrite as they did with SX - take Frankendaw out the back and put it out of its misery.

I'd dearly love to switch 100% to Cubase because there is so much that's amazing about it, but until they change their contemptuous policy of releasing half-baked features and expecting multiple payments to fix them, I'm afraid I can't commit.
Asus Prime Z390-A/Intel Core i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz/16GB RAM/Windows 10 Pro/Cubase Pro 10.5.10/EVGA GTX1050Ti

guybuss
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by guybuss »

What a depressing thread!

It's unfortunate that I agree with 90% of what's been written. I'm currently making a slow transition to Logic having been a Cubase and PC man all my life. 90% of my clients are using Logic and there's a demand for me to be able to send sessions back and forth as I mix them, so I have little choice. I can't stand Logic and not a fan of Mac's either! Age and Cubase muscle memory are not on my side.... I don't tell my clients I use Cubase any more, half of them have never heard of it and the others are under the impression it's not a 'pro' DAW bless them.

I've defended and stuck by Cubase for a long long time, but simple economics is driving me to adapt to other platforms. I'll continue to use Cubase for my own projects and see where the whole Logic thing takes me.

djgraver
Member
Posts: 526
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by djgraver »

guybuss wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:27 pm
What a depressing thread!

It's unfortunate that I agree with 90% of what's been written. I'm currently making a slow transition to Logic having been a Cubase and PC man all my life. 90% of my clients are using Logic and there's a demand for me to be able to send sessions back and forth as I mix them, so I have little choice. I can't stand Logic and not a fan of Mac's either! Age and Cubase muscle memory are not on my side.... I don't tell my clients I use Cubase any more, half of them have never heard of it and the others are under the impression it's not a 'pro' DAW bless them.

I've defended and stuck by Cubase for a long long time, but simple economics is driving me to adapt to other platforms. I'll continue to use Cubase for my own projects and see where the whole Logic thing takes me.
Did you know Logic (also Ableton, Fl Studio) doesn’t have PDC on group tracks?
Or their latency issues & muti-core supporting, and I can continue that kind of list, more & more. Because I’m member of one big community (in Russia) where many of us get inside “Daw vs Daw war”. Where every person trying to explain why their daw best and flexible the others in market. And in same time they explain what they hate in their daw.

Every war finish only with 2 DAWs who works ALMOST perfect:
1. Cubase
2. Reaper

Others have tons of IMPORTANT issues (PDC first one)

So, I’m wondering, how you guys keep blame cubase, in same time that we don’t have good & strong alternative.

Yes, they should fix bugs, yes need some improvements. But I’m pretty sure Developers already know, and strategy for implementing all fixes and new features - ready.

Stay safe
Win10 x64;Core i5-4670;16GB RAM;SSD system HDD library;Nvidia 1050Ti 4GB
Cubase (always last update)

cubace
Member
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:41 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by cubace »

djgraver wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:27 pm
guybuss wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:27 pm
What a depressing thread!

It's unfortunate that I agree with 90% of what's been written. I'm currently making a slow transition to Logic having been a Cubase and PC man all my life. 90% of my clients are using Logic and there's a demand for me to be able to send sessions back and forth as I mix them, so I have little choice. I can't stand Logic and not a fan of Mac's either! Age and Cubase muscle memory are not on my side.... I don't tell my clients I use Cubase any more, half of them have never heard of it and the others are under the impression it's not a 'pro' DAW bless them.

I've defended and stuck by Cubase for a long long time, but simple economics is driving me to adapt to other platforms. I'll continue to use Cubase for my own projects and see where the whole Logic thing takes me.
Did you know Logic (also Ableton, Fl Studio) doesn’t have PDC on group tracks?
Or their latency issues & muti-core supporting, and I can continue that kind of list, more & more. Because I’m member of one big community (in Russia) where many of us get inside “Daw vs Daw war”. Where every person trying to explain why their daw best and flexible the others in market. And in same time they explain what they hate in their daw.

Every war finish only with 2 DAWs who works ALMOST perfect:
1. Cubase
2. Reaper

Others have tons of IMPORTANT issues (PDC first one)

So, I’m wondering, how you guys keep blame cubase, in same time that we don’t have good & strong alternative.

Yes, they should fix bugs, yes need some improvements. But I’m pretty sure Developers already know, and strategy for implementing all fixes and new features - ready.

Stay safe
Seems like Cubase also as some issues with PDC on fundamental levels. viewtopic.php?f=286&t=190013

BaseCu
Member
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:05 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by BaseCu »

wjoyce wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:09 am
Cubase now feels like a product that's out of control and running away from the development team.

...a product in desperate needs of a rewrite...

...contemptuous policy of releasing half-baked features and expecting multiple payments to fix them...
Exactly.
Studio One, Reaper, Sonar, Cubase | Win10 | i7 8750H/16 GB | RME Fireface UCX

guybuss
Junior Member
Posts: 62
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by guybuss »

djgraver wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:27 pm
guybuss wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:27 pm
What a depressing thread!

It's unfortunate that I agree with 90% of what's been written. I'm currently making a slow transition to Logic having been a Cubase and PC man all my life. 90% of my clients are using Logic and there's a demand for me to be able to send sessions back and forth as I mix them, so I have little choice. I can't stand Logic and not a fan of Mac's either! Age and Cubase muscle memory are not on my side.... I don't tell my clients I use Cubase any more, half of them have never heard of it and the others are under the impression it's not a 'pro' DAW bless them.

I've defended and stuck by Cubase for a long long time, but simple economics is driving me to adapt to other platforms. I'll continue to use Cubase for my own projects and see where the whole Logic thing takes me.
Did you know Logic (also Ableton, Fl Studio) doesn’t have PDC on group tracks?
Or their latency issues & muti-core supporting, and I can continue that kind of list, more & more. Because I’m member of one big community (in Russia) where many of us get inside “Daw vs Daw war”. Where every person trying to explain why their daw best and flexible the others in market. And in same time they explain what they hate in their daw.

Every war finish only with 2 DAWs who works ALMOST perfect:
1. Cubase
2. Reaper

Others have tons of IMPORTANT issues (PDC first one)

So, I’m wondering, how you guys keep blame cubase, in same time that we don’t have good & strong alternative.

Yes, they should fix bugs, yes need some improvements. But I’m pretty sure Developers already know, and strategy for implementing all fixes and new features - ready.

Stay safe
I'm well aware of the downsides of Logic. I prefer Cubase and, where I can, I will continue to use it, Ibut 'm having to adapt to new ways of working and that means I have to use Logic.

I'm wondering why you say there isn't a good alternative when almost every single client I work with is producing records using Logic without complaint?

djgraver
Member
Posts: 526
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by djgraver »

guybuss wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:44 pm
I'm well aware of the downsides of Logic. I prefer Cubase and, where I can, I will continue to use it, Ibut 'm having to adapt to new ways of working and that means I have to use Logic.

I'm wondering why you say there isn't a good alternative when almost every single client I work with is producing records using Logic without complaint?
I saw many times how logic users (8+ years) always blame it "Flintstones car in Nascar racing", they come to this conclusion only after comparison with others DAW. I agree maybe their Logic knowledge not at high level, thats why, but its not 5-10 people, many more.
Most of them working with Audio (recording different sources Vocal, Drums, Guitars... Editing & so on)
And when they discovered power of others DAWs (most of time its Cubase, Reaper, Samplitude) they get shocked how they can improve their workflow speed & save time.
I don't force earlier mentioned DAW, you can go to others DAW forums and read what problems they have.
And, again, compare to problems what have Cubase, we are in good situation :) IMHO

Cheers
Last edited by djgraver on Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win10 x64;Core i5-4670;16GB RAM;SSD system HDD library;Nvidia 1050Ti 4GB
Cubase (always last update)

valkolton
Junior Member
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:10 am
Contact:

Re: Cubase 10.5.20 Maintenance Update

Post by valkolton »

Does anybody also experience this menu issue of the text disappearing in Windows 4k HiDPI?
CUBASE NUENDO MENU BAR DISSAPEAR 2020-06-07_14-49-59.gif
MENU BAR DISSAPEAR
(471.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I am about to throw in the towel, looks like I am going to be forced to downgrade from 4K on my 27" main screens and buy two new 24" 1080P monitors to continue working in Cubase/Nuendo or use Bitwig/Ableton/Reaper until this GUI is ever fixed. Definitely cannot add a Mac Pro just to run one program! Cubase/Nuendo's features, mixer/panners and MIDI editor are amazing, but without a working UI, it is useless for me at this point and its sapping my creative energy.
Last edited by valkolton on Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Locked

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SuStudio and 6 guests