12 Videos: Cubase Quick Tips

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
tenkas

12 Videos: Cubase Quick Tips

Post by tenkas »

Hi!

I am starting a new youtube channel to help Cubase grow as a community.

I will start by posting tips and tricks that I use daily in Cubase.

Here is the playlist of 12 tips:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... H0YsuDEv4r

Please let me know if these are useful and if you would like some more.

I will also be doing some videos on producing, mixing, composing, arranging, mastering, hardware and software review in the future.

I am also considering doing live shows where I take your songs, analyse them, give feedback, etc.

Feel free to share!

Tips for this Friday May 1 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDrcbzb ... r&index=25

4 more tips for this Sunday May 3 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRkjR7Q ... r&index=38

1 more advanced tip Saturday May 9 2020
https://youtu.be/nzKNNadNxyk
Last edited by tenkas on Sat May 09, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BuckleBean

Re: 12 Cubase Quick Tips

Post by BuckleBean »

This is great. I can't tell you how refreshing the video lengths are. No filler, no BS, just straight to the point. Well done.

kelp

Post by kelp »

Bravo! Subscribed!

I'll use the q-link shortcut immediately. Never knew about the right-click shortcuts (and am having some trouble finding out where they're documented).

Thanks!

tenkas

Post by tenkas »

Thanks!

Some of these functions and "shortcuts" are really hidden and sometimes I discover them by mistake. After close to 15 years of Cubase, I am still learning!!!

greggybud

Post by greggybud »

Keep it up!

The best thing I like from what I see is what BuckleBean mentioned above...no obnoxious intro sound/video clip introductions...no long-winded babble...just get down and dirty fast.
The latest Cubase version, Wavelab 10, Intel Core i9 7920X @ 2.90GHz Windows 10 64bit, 64 gig all SSD drives (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050ti, 2 34" LG ultra wides and 1 28" all @2560x1080) iCon QconPro, Metagrid, 4 MidiTimePiece's = 32in/outs, UAD-2, SoundToys, NI, Waves, Arturia, and lots of hardware synthesizers most of them controlled by MidiQuest 11.

karel broekhuis

Re: 12 Videos: Cubase Quick Tips

Post by karel broekhuis »

Super! Just what (and how) I need.
Thank you and carry on.
K
Windows 10, Dorico Pro, Cubase Pro, VST Transit Go, VST Connect Pro, Wavelab, Cubasis, VST Connect Performer, Nuendo. Always latest update. Apollo Twin + Octo.

Italyuser

Post by Italyuser »

G R E A T !
I've subscribed!
Windows 10
Cubase Pro 10.5.20
Dorico 3.5.10

Ambientdave

Post by Ambientdave »

Great tips! Tenkas :D
Always ready to learn here, (using Cubase 18 months in)
What is surprising is the amount of hidden gems that get overlooked.

Like the other day, I discovered retrospective recording!! So handy that is.

I've subscribed to your channel :)
Windows 10 Pro, with Intel i5 340GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD,500GB HDD
External drives : 1TB HDD (storage) 1TB SSD (for the libraries)
Monitors: two 21.5 inch Acer widescreens
Audio interface, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2nd gen,monitoring through Beyerdynamic DT250 headphones.
Microphone: Rodes NT1A
Midi controllers: Akai MPK249 AND M Audio Oxygen 25,
Software: Cubase Pro 10 (latest version),various sound libraries and plugins

ByronK

Post by ByronK »

Subscribed! (:
Cubase 10.5; Primary DAW Windows 10 64-bit; RAM: 16GB, 480GB SSD; ASUS X99-A Mobo, i7 5820K Hex Core
Video Card: ATi Radion R9 390;
Audio Interface: Steinberg UR44

mr.roos

Post by mr.roos »

The videos are very helpful, thank you, tenkas. I do have a question about the video showing the multi color schemes? How did you create this multi pallet color scheme? Is this a Cubase 10.5 feature or is it in C10, as well?
Cubase 10.5 Pro from SX3, WaveLab Pro 10, Groove Agent 5, iC Pro remote app, Win10 64-bit (2004 update installed - latest OS build always), Intel i7 8700 Coffee Lake 6-Core 3.2GHz, 32G DDR4 3200, Gigabyte Z390 Designare MB, Radeon RX570 Graphics card, Mackie 1640i (FireWire via TI chipset PCI-E card), 1K iRig Pads, StudioLogic Numa Compact 2X 88-Key, and Roland FP-30.

humpo72

Post by humpo72 »

Good stuff, thank you for these little gems

tenkas

Post by tenkas »

Hi everyone!

instead of creating new threads, I will continue and post here updates on new tips.

Here are 12 new Cubase quicktips for everyone.

Trying to get a live event going on, please let me know what you want to see!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDrcbzb ... r&index=25

greggybud

Post by greggybud »

tenkas wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 6:01 pm

Here are 12 new Cubase quicktips for everyone.
One that seems to appear here fairly often is converting a stereo track to mono. I think you already did mono to stereo. There are different stereo to mono methods, so maybe break them down?

Midi editing, especially in the key editor has quite a few key modifiers (click and hold+sft, or hold ctr to temporarily defeat snap, double click and drag to create multiple notes etc) that are very useful for enhancing workflow. (start at 2:00 for the key editor) Maybe these could be broken down a bit more like drums & Key edit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo

Good luck and keep it up!
The latest Cubase version, Wavelab 10, Intel Core i9 7920X @ 2.90GHz Windows 10 64bit, 64 gig all SSD drives (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050ti, 2 34" LG ultra wides and 1 28" all @2560x1080) iCon QconPro, Metagrid, 4 MidiTimePiece's = 32in/outs, UAD-2, SoundToys, NI, Waves, Arturia, and lots of hardware synthesizers most of them controlled by MidiQuest 11.

tenkas

Post by tenkas »

4 more tips for this Sunday! See the OP

jimknopf

Post by jimknopf »

Great, thanks a lot!

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

On behalf of Cubase users everywhere, I would like to express my sincere gratitude to you for this fantastic collection -- I can appreciate the amount of work you have put into this, and even though I've been using Cubase for a long time, I still learned a lot that will enhance my workflow. With each new update, there are so many features that I don't get time to try out, and it's often the little things that I miss out on completely, that can save so much time.

So well done, and thank you! 8-)
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.20 • WaveLab 10.0.40 • SpectraLayers 6.0.30 • HALion 6.4.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

jjjooonnn

Post by jjjooonnn »

I've watched countless Cubase videos, and picked up more in 2-4 min videos, than some 20+ min videos.
I also found it refreshing to not see the same old topics covered. Keep it up!

tenkas

Post by tenkas »

Hi!

Thanks for the encouragement! I will try and post more every day/week depending on my workload. Glad to see people are appreciating these tips.

ChrisDuncan

Post by ChrisDuncan »

Good stuff, man. Always something new to learn.

Subscribed.
Control Room: Cubase 10.5.12 | Windows 10 64 bit | 24 gigs memory | Yamaha TF5 | Mackie MCU| CMC AI
Edit Station: Cubase 10.5.12 | Windows 10 64 bit | 24 gigs memory | UR 22 | CMC TP-QC-AI-CH
Keyboard Station: Cubase 10.5.12 | Windows 10 64 bit | 16 gigs memory | UR 22| CMC TP
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chris Duncan
Atlanta, GA, USA, Earth

tenkas

Post by tenkas »

Here is a more advance tip on using workspaces and multiple mixers. I got the idea years ago from a German youtube video but I do not speak German and can't find the video (if you ever find it, I will credit the man who showed me this technic).

https://youtu.be/nzKNNadNxyk

LowellP

Post by LowellP »

Nice! Great job; nice and short, and useful videos. Learned some things already. Subscribed. Some of the things might only be available in Pro/Artist (i.e. constrain delay compensation) so whenever you can it might be worth mentioning that for us folks not able yet to afford the higher-level products.

Another tip that it might be worth mentioning (something I just learned) was how to set MIDI recording mode to Merge instead of the default mode, which creates new overlapping "parts" that you can't easily merge by a right-click function.

Something I haven't found out yet how to do, is to rename MIDI parts that inherited the name of the track. Maybe I change the instrument and thus change the track name, but the MIDI parts still show the name of the old track name. (EDIT: Just found out how to do this in another tutorial video. When renaming the track Shift+Return renames the MIDI parts as well.)

tenkas

Post by tenkas »

I started my channel about a month ago and now with 300 subscribers, I want to know what you guys would like to see.
My first series was "Cubase Quick Tips"

I want to create more video series and I would like to know what you would like to see.

One of my idea was to take one song every week/day (depends of the workload involved) and do a full "Help my track" kind of video. I would help with the composition, arrangement, cubase, mixing, mastering, etc.

Please let me know if there is a certain Youtube format you would like, I am here to listen!

ton37

Post by ton37 »

Thanks for your vids. They are very helpful and the conbination: quick and a clear description of the tutorial is effective.
Please consider to enlarge/emphasize your cursor, as you use it frequently as a pointer.
Pls. continue your appreciated work, grtz.
Cubase 10 Pro/Windows 10, 64bit.

Blerg

Post by Blerg »

As a Cubase user since SX3 its a little embarrassing that I didn't know so many of these tips. Regardless, thankyou very much for doing this. Your tips are super helpful to me.

As for what I would like to see... I make use of expression maps when using orchestral instruments. Sometimes I have to create my own expression maps and that is tedious work. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks
I9-9900K, ASRock Z390 Taichi, 32 gigs ram, 6tb M.2, 4.5tb SSD, 2xUAD Quad, Octo, Win10 64, RME Madi FX, 3xOrions, 2xSigmas, Convert AD+, ISA and UA preamps. Cubase 10, Wavelab 9.5, instruments, mics etc.

dimanche

Post by dimanche »

Thank you very much for your YouTube channel. great job !!!

Return to “General”