Cubase 10.0.60 Maintenance Update

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
cubic13

Re: Cubase 10.0.60 Maintenance Update

Post by cubic13 »

JamesGeostygma wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:48 pm
Thank you Steinberg for the update !

BUT
Smokey Joe wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:50 pm
Thank you, How about the problems with high CPU encountered with 10.0.5? Have these been fixed? I am now running with 10.0.4 which is working fine so I am a bit hesitant to upgrade.
Definitely THIS.
A lot of people have been experiencing this problem for quite a while.
It also occurs in version 10.5.12 which i was using until i uninstalled it and went with 10.0.60 (still to see that the problem wasn't solved...).

Please take a look into this :)
I have installed 10.0.60 last sunday and tested several things, since. The truth is that the ASIO usage issue, which was excessive when the Suspend VST3 plug-in processing... setting was activated has been solved. And better than that : now, when this parameter is activated, the ASIO usage is a little lower than when not. With 10.0.50, I was getting twice the ASIO usage amount with it... Overall, the ASIO usage, which should be the main concern, IMO, is significantly better with 10.0.60 than all previous C10 versions.

Beside this, it seems that since I installed this update, Cubase 10 seems to be built in a rock : never felt as much that way when using Cubase, even with 6.5.5, the version that I have used during several years. So again, congrats to Steiny team for this update... 8-)
DAW : Ryzen 3700X | Asus Prime X470-Pro | 32 Gb DDR4-3200 | 2 x SSD (M.2 WD Black 500 Gb + Corsair Force 960 Gb) | Radeon RX550 (2 Gb) | Windows 10 Pro (64) | RME Fireface UCX + Behringer ADA8200
Soft & plug-ins : Cubase Pro 10.0.60 + 10.5.20 | VSTis : Emulator X3, Alchemy, Sylenth 1, Lounge Lizard, True Pianos, VB3, BFD2...
Gear : Studiologic VMK-188+ | Akai MPD32 | Akai ME30P MIDI Patchbay | Korg 05R-W | Roland D110 | Yamaha TX802 | Pre-MIDI stuff.

Sound_Temple_Studios

Post by Sound_Temple_Studios »

Ok, so the CPU usage is fixed for Windows. What about Mac users???
Robert George
Sound Temple Studios
Asheville NC 28806
http://www.soundtemplestudios.com

MacPro 12 Core 3.46 ghz OSX 10.qw Cubase 10 Focusrite Rednet PCIeR Dante Sound Card

drmq

Post by drmq »

I'm already with 10.5.12 (and eagerly awaiting fixes for all the problems) but it comforts me that Steinberg makes an extra effort to fix remaining issues in a previous release.

Reliability is really critical, everything else really comes second when you are making music. Bugs are annoying but crashes and CPU overloads kill. I wish they become a bit more cautious about releasing in the future though. 10.5 has been terrible. I hope they are already doing that but I think they should really set up a good team of beta testers in different OS's for the next releases (I'm sure some would even be happy to do it only in exchange of Steinberg products or discounts).

djgraver

Post by djgraver »

I’m still at 10.0.60 - can’t install fresh version, because it’s too dangerous for my work (sometimes have 10hrs recording session)
That’s why I update cubase at summer, all patches are ready, and cubase stable as rock.
For me 0.60 great gift form Steinberg!
Win10 x64;Core i5-4670;16GB RAM;SSD system HDD library;Nvidia 1050Ti 4GB
Cubase (always last update)

Taurean Mixing

Post by Taurean Mixing »

Oooh no. 10.0.60 update creates some kind of memory leak - I think. Either way, if I let an open session idle, the ASIO meter starts to climb higher and higher until redline. Nope, no good. Back to 10.0.50 for me.

Also, VST3 is still unpredictable in Cubase.
Cubase Pro 10.0.60 | Ryzen 2700x | Win 10 x64 | Lynx AEX16e

JamesGeostygma

Post by JamesGeostygma »

Taurean Mixing wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:50 pm
Oooh no. 10.0.60 update creates some kind of memory leak - I think. Either way, if I let an open session idle, the ASIO meter starts to climb higher and higher until redline. Nope, no good. Back to 10.0.50 for me.

>Same thing for me...
But weirdly i went back to version 10.5.12 and now it's a bit better :)
Still getting random spikes even with an empty project though...

Taurean Mixing

Post by Taurean Mixing »

JamesGeostygma wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:07 am
Taurean Mixing wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:50 pm

>Same thing for me...
But weirdly i went back to version 10.5.12 and now it's a bit better :)
Still getting random spikes even with an empty project though...
james, quick question did you by chance update iLok too, to the latest version? just want to make sure it's not from that as I noticed mine is totally to date since yesterday.
Cubase Pro 10.0.60 | Ryzen 2700x | Win 10 x64 | Lynx AEX16e

denviking7

Post by denviking7 »

Matthias Quellmann wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:24 am
What’s new?

The Cubase 10.0.60 maintenance update is the final update for the Cubase 10 generation. We have focused on improving the stability of Cubase 10 and corrected some features that didn’t work as expected. If you are on macOS please have a look at the notice about Hardened Runtime at the end of the release notes.

The update installers are already available in the Steinberg Download Assistant and in the download section of our help center.

Several instabilities and random crashes could be reproduced and fixed for this update. We have improved the stability in the following situations:
• When editing Auto Fades settings.
• When editing events while selected for Audio Alignment
• When undo was used on Audio Alignment
• When switching between projects.
• When adding tracks.
• When opening the Direct Offline Processing window.
• When importing a range from the MediaBay Preview.
• When using certain VST3 plug-ins.
• When working with MixConsole Snapshots.
• When accessing NAS file servers from the MediaBay.
• When exercising different user interface operations in the MixConsole.
• When editing Note Expressions.
• When deleting media from trash in the Pool.
• When recalling Workspaces.
• When closing projects with GrooveAgent and other VST instruments.
• When exporting video.
• When importing AAF from DaVinci Resolve.
• When making copies of ARA-edited events to other tracks.

We have corrected the following features and functionalities:
• The Solo Editor function did not work when ARA Extension were used on the tracks.
• In some cases, multiple ARA-processed audio events could cause a delay when listening to ARA-processed data.
• Muting Lanes did not work as expected on tracks with ARA Extension.
• Replacing clip content of files with different lengths lead to disappearing events.
• Tagging media with the attribute "Bars&Beats" didn’t work as expected.
• MixConsole Show/Hide Channel Racks Key Command did not respond.
• The order of the effects in the VST Amp Rack and VST Bass Amp plug-ins couldn’t be changed in the usual way.
• Hidden tracks were unintentionally affected by multi-selection operation.
• Generic Remote settings weren’t remembered correctly.
• Video Export did not work correctly when the file path contains special characters.
• Sensel Morph control surface produced hanging notes when used for MIDI input.
• The Object Panning was not working correctly when importing ADM files.

macOS Hardened Runtime is not enabled in Cubase 10.0.60

Hardened Runtime is not enabled for this update. If you are on macOS Catalina and you have downloaded the update in your browser you will see a message when running the update installer. Please just right-click the installer, click “open” and select “open” on the new window to run the installer and update Cubase 10.
Hi my name is Augusto and I'm having some trouble to install the update through the Steinberg Download assistent! It keeps sending me a message of error! What should I do?

felis

Post by felis »

denviking7 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:55 pm
Hi my name is Augusto and I'm having some trouble to install the update through the Steinberg Download assistent! It keeps sending me a message of error! What should I do?
If you're getting the error message while trying to update through the assistant, try it directly from here instead:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/do ... se_10.html

The update put about a half dozen vst sound fmt files in the recycle bin, and Cubase displayed a 'missing files' error message.
Good thing I checked the recycle bin and restored them before emptying it.

Aldergrover

Post by Aldergrover »

After the update I'm finding my Amplitube plug-in now crashes quite often when changing presets. It didn't happen before.
Cubase Pro 10.5, HP Pavilion All-in-One 24, Intel Core i7-7700T @ 2.90Ghz, 8Gb/1Tb, NVIDIA GeForce 930MX, Windows 10 Home 2004
Steinberg UR22MkII

john charles

Post by john charles »

Good news but unfortunately CAN-26550 is still unsolved (cursor randomly becoming thin and black) even if this bug was reported 2 years ago :x

viewtopic.php?f=286&t=150848

Juanda

Post by Juanda »

Hello Cubase Team

I have had an excellent experience with my Cubase Pro 10 but since I made the last update (10.0.60) I have been trouble when I open another window in my PC. The VST instrument stop playing when I return to Cubase and i need to re start Cubase again.
There is a possibility to fix that? or There is a possibility to return to clean version of Cubase without this update?

Thanks in advance

ckon

Post by ckon »

Steve Helstrip wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:41 pm
So no fix for the incorrect file paths for Sampler Tracks. Glaring oversight, IMO.
+1

But this is unfortunately usual practice for Steinberg. Sampler track new feature but not left in the oven long enough. Had no hope that devs would sort out the file path issue during version 10 lifeycle.
ckon:

C Pro 10.0.50 (and all previous)
Main host system:
Win10pro - x64
i7 3770k - 4.5GHZ, 32GB RAM, OS on SSD
RME interfaces.
Museum DAW: Apple Mac LCII Opcode Studio Vision.

wcb123

Post by wcb123 »

Hi

Some big issues since i updated to .60 a week or so ago. I think i may have missed an update so think i was using 0.40 previously, possibly 0.50 (Whichever it was was running perfectly).

Firstly the update installer that i downloaded from the Steinberg Assistant brought up an error, but it has done that before so i chose to ignore the error and let it continue.

Issues -

- unusually high CPU usage and spikes
- Ram is stacking (instances of Cubase aren't terminating according to Task Manager and Ram isn't being released. I have to End process Tree for each one and they are stacking maybe 4/5 times)
- Cubase crashes almost everytime i shutdown Cubase (which happened before but much less frequently)
- My keyboard and Panorama P1 are suddenly not being recognised randomly when i launch a project. Requires a restart and they work again.

- Glitchy graphics on my second monitor as if my GFX Card isn't being used which may well be related to the issue i posted earlier today below

SCREENSHOT
https://prnt.sc/s1v8jj

viewtopic.php?f=286&t=186347

EDIT

On that last point I rolled back to 0.40 and experience the same OpenGL crash. Turns out that occurs when i backup my template and try to use the newly created project.
Windows 7
Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Intel i7 980 @3.33GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory - 48Gb

Cubase 10
NVIDIA GeForce 210
Focusrite Saffire Pro24
Casio Privia 330
Korg Microkey
Quested s8r

Nuieve

Post by Nuieve »

Bad news:
- Cubase crashes almost daily now (I didn't install any new plugins for months, same as with 10.0.50).
- I don't know if it's new or not, but I'm experiencing HDD overloads and massive stuttering and skipping on a 30-audio track project (not VSTi) when using SSD drive. I reported that in 'issues' subforum.

Good news:
- it creates crashdumps consistently finally. I have a library of those now.
- oftentimes it doesn't crash completely... it becomes inoperable but I'm still able to save the project. Before this update it was game over in every single case. This is a great new update.

cmillar

Post by cmillar »

This update is working fine on my 2009 MacPro (flashed to 5.1 so I can run OSX Sierra)

It seems 'better' than version .50 so far....very responsive, hasn't crashed so far after a couple of weeks.

Don't want to change computers or OSC right now, so all is well. I'm not missing what I don't know.

valkolton

Post by valkolton »

wjoyce wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:54 pm
Also, it's sad to see that people will be forced to update to 10.5 to stand a chance of getting what they were promised with regards to a decent HiDPI experience.
VSTs are unusable on Windows with HiDpi, which if disabled makes all the text look like it is from the 80s. I need 4k for modern game and cinema production.

This is Waves/Arturia/NI VSTs on Cubase/Nuendo; it is unusable!

Please fix this....every other DAW handles VST scaling properly (Ableton, REAPER,FL,Bitwig), BitWig especially does an excellent job autoscaling VSTs new and old without requiring any user intervention.

Sadly if this isn't fixed, I have to abandon the Steinberg Cubase/Nuendo ship altogether.

A picture speaks a thousand words:
Nuendo HiDPI Unusable with VSTs 2020-04-26_2-38-51.png
VSTS UNUSABLE ON 4K HIDIPI STEINBERG
(1.25 MiB) Not downloaded yet

synchronizer

Post by synchronizer »

I just reinstalled my os (to Mac OS Catalina) so the version of Cubase I have by default is 10.0.50. For some reason 10.0.60 isn't part of the full installer. Is there a reason for this? Should I ignore this last update due to some breaking issues? What would you all recommend? Should I apply this last incremental update?
Old System: 2010 macbook pro i7 Mac OS 10.9, Cubase 6

onlineproductdoctor

Post by onlineproductdoctor »

Also, it's sad :roll: to see that people will be forced to update to 10.5 to stand a chance of getting what they were promised with regards to a decent HiDPI experience.
Last edited by onlineproductdoctor on Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slit

Post by Slit »

This is a 10.5.20 update: Using Solo mode in the Sampler Control Zone could result in no sound.

Since the Sampler track is included in 10 as well, why can't it be fixed for this version? Should we need to buy the 60€ update to get a reliable Sampler track?

ensoniq_ts10

Post by ensoniq_ts10 »

Thanks. But audio alignment still isn’t working as good as SynchroArts Revoice Pro
windows 10 x64. Cubase 10.5. x64. slightly overclocked i7-8700k. 32GB ram. 2x 2TB m.2 nvme SSDs

amj665

malicious software

Post by amj665 »

Please let me know
Abbas alhawaj

Gliese581g

Post by Gliese581g »

hjwinge wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:33 am
i am staying with 10.0.3. Every update after that seem to have caused unusually many serious bug reports on serious issues such as CPU and GPU performance. Since Steinberg do not plan any more updates for 10.0 I am stopping the updating there.
Hi, I was thinking of starting a new thread about a related issue, but then I found this thread, sorry for "ressurrecting" it as it is now 3 months old... Anyway, I have Cubase Artist 10 installed both in Windows 10 and Windows7 (dual boot PC). At a certain point, after comparing Cubase 10.0.03 on win7 with the same 10.0.03 version in win10 I came to the conclusion that the performance was identical and stopped using cubase on win7 (but kept it there). All the later cubase10 updates (from 10.0.04 to 10.0.06) were only installed on win10. Everything went well until lately I began to notice a gradually worsening performance, CPU spikes, high CPU consumption, even when Cubase was not playing at all and even with very few (3 or 4) and light VSTis.
I booted to win7 and loaded the same song in Cubase 10.0.03 that I still had there and the difference was abismal! Everything played smoothly as it should and without any CPU spikes and with the average CPU consumption about 1/4 of the one showed in the 10.0.06 cubase at Windows 10 !... I'm not sure if it was the last Microsoft updates or if the difference is due to something on the 10.0.06 cubase update (or both!). I wanted to roll back to 10.0.03 on win10, but I can't find that update installer anymore.
I've been using the 10.0.06 since it was available, and I think the situation has been worsening since then, I didn't notice it immediately, it seems to have been gradual, but I'm not sure... Anyone knows where on the Steinberg site I can download these previous versions?... I could only find the 0.5 and 0.6, but I'd like to try with 10.0.3 and 10.0.4 too, on win10.
Also, if anyone has any other suggestions to solve this problem, I'd be very grateful.
Thanks in advance.
Toshiba Tecra i7 laptop, dual boot win10/win7, Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Cubase 10.0.x
Novation ReMote SL-61, etc, etc...

Return to “General”