Cubase 10.5 Demo Projects

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
Matthias Quellmann

Cubase 10.5 Demo Projects

Post by Matthias Quellmann »

We've invited some of YouTube's most popular Cubase users - Jef Gibbons, Paul Marx Media and Marika Takeuchi - to each create an inspiring project in Cubase Pro 10.5.

You can download the projects here:

https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/demo-projects/
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Checkout Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

triton100

Re: Cubase 10.5 Demo Projects

Post by triton100 »

This is a great idea. Can’t wait to listen ! Taking this a step further, what would be really useful, is if through downloadable songs like these, users could be shown specific examples of production techniques like mid side eq or multiband compression, using Cubase’s plugins.

It would have the benefit of showing off cubase pros capabilities as well as acting as a tutorial.

So eg with each project there would be some short notes showing Eg ‘note how we were able to carve out space between the vocals and leads by using multiband compression on track 2 insert 3’.

This would be amazing as you’d have it right there in your project and clearly see what settings they dialed in etc.

It would be like being in the room with the YouTuber amd also being able to tweak what they did to see how it functions.

Parrotspain

Post by Parrotspain »

It is interesting to see how diverse each of these project constructions is and all so very different to my way of working. Definitely worth a look.

Tip: The instances of Multitap in the Paul Marx thing, specifically on tracks 19 and 38, messed with my system. As soon as I switched them off, no problem.
Cubase Pro 10.5.12

Win10 Home 64. Biostar A960D+ AMD FX8350. 32Gb.
Softube Console 1 Mk2: SSL4000e, BCA, ACA, Faderport

ThSve

Post by ThSve »

Same experience as Parrotspain regarding Multitap. Seems to be a real CPU-hog. Audio performance is peaking if Multitap is not disabled. I've also noticed that some samples for Padshop is missing: Fifth Wave1 for Five Suns and Pluck Reversed for Ghost Whistle.
PC(Win 10 Pro) Intel core I7-4870HQ 2,5 GHz 32Gb RAM, Steinberg UR22C/Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Cubase Pro 10.5, Wavelab, Halion 6, OmniSphere/Keyscape/Trillian/RMX, NI Komplete 12, Unify and others

etchell

Post by etchell »

No issues with any of the 3 projects here...
Interesting short demos
Main Studio System
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - 1909 - 32 GB RAM - Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 - RME Fireface UC - Samsung SSD 860 EVO (SATA 6) 250GB (System & Cubase + 3rd Party VST(i))
Cubase 10.0.50 Pro / 10.5.20 Pro

GargoyleStudio

Post by GargoyleStudio »

Great idea to provide fully formed projects especially of different styles of music. I enjoyed wandering through some of the effects and sounds that were used.

Yes, Padshop samples in the Paul Marx song were missing for me as well - which is a pity, and no mix to see what it should really sound like. I thought I had all the presets installed as well.

Mike.
[Win10x64 latest, Cb10.5 latest, MOTU PCIe, UAD2, Waves, Soundtoys, O9N, Arturia, Omnisphere]

Rudal

Post by Rudal »

That's amazing idea!!
Even on "lower" versions of Cubase it's good to see how others work and how everything is set up.
More please. :)
Cubase Pro 10.5 - Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen - Yamaha R16
Windows 10 Pro - i7-8700K @3,7Ghz - 32GB RAM - GF GTX 1080
https://rudal.bandcamp.com/

Winter Rat

Post by Winter Rat »

Thank you Paul Marx thank you THANK YOU THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

I've wasted 3 hours of my life searching for missing Padshop presets. ALL YOUR presets were missing and 4 FOUR wav files were simply absent. I know I must be grateful because you've shared your amazing work FOR FREE and I must take it as it is, with no expectations and complaints. But burn in hell with all your free stuff if you don't get a simple thing that when you use any custom presets with files which are not included in Cubase Pro you must write some comments for other people to let them know what to do. There are track Notepads, Project Notepad in Cubase or you could attach a .txt file with your notes to the project... but you did nothing. So now we've got our wasted time and a broken project.

And special thanks go to Steinberg team for their Padshop description! "More than 570 presets"!!!!! What do you really mean guys??? 571 or 599 perhaps 26782346873 ? - This is also "More than 570". And at the "New in 2" page we can see "100 new presets and samples" so does it mean "More than 670" in total??? I know that Cubase Pro is a perfect software with NO bugs and there are no such topics on the forum like "Missing content" so there's no need to specify the actual number of presets... But what the hell guys?!?! With all your marketing-oriented-minds and language, life is getting worse. Please stop it. When you go to buy new shoes you expect to see the actual size but not something like "Larger than 42", so with the software we need real numbers to be able to check the proper installation.

Well I'm pretty much disappointed. It looks like everybody are doing their best to deliver the best things but one person is too lazy or too much in hurry to make some notes and check the files, other guys are profit oriented and at the end we have disappointment, spoiled mood and frustration.
Cubase 9.5
Win 8.1 or Win 10 Pro; Intel Core i7-8700K; Gigabyte GA-Z370 HD3P; 16 GB, 3000 MHz; GeForce GTX 1050.

triton100

Post by triton100 »

Winter Rat wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:59 pm
Thank you Paul Marx thank you THANK YOU THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

I've wasted 3 hours of my life searching for missing Padshop presets. ALL YOUR presets were missing and 4 FOUR wav files were simply absent. I know I must be grateful because you've shared your amazing work FOR FREE and I must take it as it is, with no expectations and complaints. But burn in hell with all your free stuff if you don't get a simple thing that when you use any custom presets with files which are not included in Cubase Pro you must write some comments for other people to let them know what to do. There are track Notepads, Project Notepad in Cubase or you could attach a .txt file with your notes to the project... but you did nothing. So now we've got our wasted time and a broken project.

And special thanks go to Steinberg team for their Padshop description! "More than 570 presets"!!!!! What do you really mean guys??? 571 or 599 perhaps 26782346873 ? - This is also "More than 570". And at the "New in 2" page we can see "100 new presets and samples" so does it mean "More than 670" in total??? I know that Cubase Pro is a perfect software with NO bugs and there are no such topics on the forum like "Missing content" so there's no need to specify the actual number of presets... But what the hell guys?!?! With all your marketing-oriented-minds and language, life is getting worse. Please stop it. When you go to buy new shoes you expect to see the actual size but not something like "Larger than 42", so with the software we need real numbers to be able to check the proper installation.

Well I'm pretty much disappointed. It looks like everybody are doing their best to deliver the best things but one person is too lazy or too much in hurry to make some notes and check the files, other guys are profit oriented and at the end we have disappointment, spoiled mood and frustration.
Hey winter hope all is good with you. Seems like you have some stuff going on with you as shown with language like ‘burn in hell’ for the omission of presets. So whatever is happening, sending you some positive vibes that things work out. 😊👍

mart

Post by mart »

Matthias Quellmann wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:46 pm
We've invited some of YouTube's most popular Cubase users - Jef Gibbons, Paul Marx Media and Marika Takeuchi - to each create an inspiring project in Cubase Pro 10.5.

You can download the projects here:

https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/demo-projects/
It would be a great Marketing exercise to get more real-world stories and discography of released music that is created in Cubase. I think Cubase seems to still not be taken as seriously as a professional choice. I had a mid level artist ask me 'why Cubase' with a slight smirk lately. I replied with all of the reasons of course! How shall we get rid of the perception if your not in ProTools or Logic that its not that your using a lesser tool! Quite the opposite
Windows 10 Build 1909 , Gigabyte x58 Soc FORCE, 16gb Ddr4 RAM, Intel 5930x, Cubase 10.5, Dorico 3 UAD-2 PCIe (1 x OCTO & 1 x Quad ), Protools 12.7, Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 with 32gb Slave PC.

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

All projects working fine here, great to have the opportunity to observe others at work -- there's always something new to learn!
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.20 • WaveLab 10.0.40 • SpectraLayers 6.0.30 • HALion 6.4.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

CShorte

Post by CShorte »

This was very helpful. Thank you, CS.
MacPro: 3 GHz 8 Core, 32 GB RAM, SSD: 1 TB, 4 * 3 TB HD Array (Library, WorArea, TM, Archieve)
MacPro: 3 GHz Quad Core, 12 GB RAM, SSD: 512 GB, 1 TB Library, 500 GB Workarea
Audio: Apogee SymphonyAD/DA-16x, 2 Digimax FS (ADAT); MOTU MIDI Express

Software: Logic Studio v9.x, LPX; Cubase Pro v8.x; Halion v3.x; Finale 2012; Groove Agent v3, NI Kore v2 and Komplete Ultimate v10; Omnisphere; Sibelius v7.5; Waves Platinum Bundle; Mixbus v2.5; VSL Special Addition Plus and VE Pro

Hardware: Fantom G8, Yamaha EX-5, Kawai K3, Roland Rhodes MK-80
Mixers: VS-2480, RMX-64, Tascam MM-1, NI Kore Controller
Sound Modules: 03 R/W, Yamaha TG-77 and TX-81z, EPS 16 Plus, Proteus 1 and 2

titchyblackcat

Post by titchyblackcat »

Hi,
I'm trying to learn about Marika using strings.
On my project the vst says "No vst instrument". So how do i get to the vst instruments she used ?
Cubase Pro 10.5 Wavelab Elements 10
Win 10 64 bit.Gigabyte GA Z97X Gaming 5, i7 4790, Ram ddr3 16GB
Native Instruments K.A. 6 Interface

titchyblackcat

Post by titchyblackcat »

Are these demo projects locked up so that we can't get any meaningful info' from them ?
I'm trying to get the Marika use of strings but evrything is locked and the vst instruments for the dtrings are non existent.

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

Try watching the video on the page where you downloaded the demo projects where she explains everything in detail.
Windows 10 • Cubase 10.5.20 • WaveLab 10.0.40 • SpectraLayers 6.0.30 • HALion 6.4.0 • Groove Agent 5.0.20 • Midex

titchyblackcat

Post by titchyblackcat »

Aah ! Thanks MrSoundman i realise now i need the full Halion Sonic 3 and not the cut down SE version that were given with 10.5

MrSoundman

Post by MrSoundman »

But of course you can still play around with the demo and substitute sounds that are available to you ....

titchyblackcat

Post by titchyblackcat »

Thanks Mr Soundman. I'm thinking of buying the Halion Sonic 3 but Steinberg are that slow to reply to buyers questions it's a wonder they ever sell anything

titchyblackcat

Post by titchyblackcat »

i see Marika is using Iconica strings in Halion Sonic 3.
Does Iconica come free with Halion Sonic 3 or Does Halion Sonic 3 come free with Iconica ?

rujisyxa

Post by rujisyxa »

Great work really helps a lot

Legion of Decency

Post by Legion of Decency »

I made this record using Cubase 5. It features Rami from Foo Fighters, Gabe from Cake, Dusty from The Sonics and a bunch of others.

www.thelegionofdecency.com/musicality

I'm actually trying to figure out the upgrade process for Cubase now so I can get to 10.5.
UR 824
Cubase

Making Damn Good Music

valentino67

Post by valentino67 »

Hi can someone pls confirm which version of padshop i have with cubase pro 10.5. My version says padshop pro and it dosent work. I gather there is an update for padshop 2 but does this apply to what i have installed. Thanks been waiting for a reply for sometime.

JSL

Post by JSL »

titchyblackcat wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:20 am
i see Marika is using Iconica strings in Halion Sonic 3.
Does Iconica come free with Halion Sonic 3 or Does Halion Sonic 3 come free with Iconica ?
Iconica comes with Halion sonic SE version.
Iconica is not a part of any package and You have to buy it separately.
WS: HP Z4 G4, Intel Core i7-9800x, 32 GB RAM
SW: Win 10, Cubase Pro 10.5, SpectraLayers Pro 6, Wavelab Pro 10, Absolute 4, Iconica Opus
HW: CC121, Maschine MKIII, UR44, Motu Micro Lite and analog synths and stuff

titchyblackcat

Post by titchyblackcat »

Thanks JSL
No wonder Marika sounds good if she's got hundereds of pounds of software

etchell

Post by etchell »

Anyone seeing error messages on loading about missing content / files? I looked again into the Paul Marx demo and now I start wondering if I really have all what should be there...some mix channels have automation but no audio. But I first thought the audio in ins GA and Padshop.
Sure, it is not a very dense song, but I believed it's how it should be.
Maybe there is really missing stuff?
One thing I noticed today: I played the demo a while ago with no issues, but now it stops during playback in the end of the song...really weird.

I watched his Youtube video of the demo again and now I am also thinking there is a lot missing in the demo files on the Steinberg website.
Pitty and strange.
Perhaps it was intentionally?
Main Studio System
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit - 1909 - 32 GB RAM - Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 - RME Fireface UC - Samsung SSD 860 EVO (SATA 6) 250GB (System & Cubase + 3rd Party VST(i))
Cubase 10.0.50 Pro / 10.5.20 Pro

Return to “General”