Clicks and Pops and Glitches and Slow

Hello,

I was running 9.5 on a 2013 iMac dual core i5 with 8GB RAM for some time, and all was well, until my hard drive took a dive yesterday. Everything worked great and smoothly. Plenty of MIDI tracks, 10 or so Instrument tracks, 8 audio tracks, lots of plugins - was my default template. Focusrite Scarlett 18i20. All worked well…

So, I went out and bought the new 6 core Mac Mini with 8GB RAM (Don’t worry, I’ll get it to 64GB when I have more cash). Decided I would install Cubase 10 fresh from the start on this brand new machine. You would think it would work much better/faster than the old machine.

Well… I have my first new test project with 2 instrument tracks, 2 midi tracks, and 8 audio tracks, with a total of 8 plugins running and I am getting nothing but slow-playing, glitchy, poppy, static. Tried changing the buffer size to the minimum and the maximum. Doesn’t help.

Same audio interface, midi controllers, etc. The only thing I could see that maybe changed things is that this machine is running Mojave, when the old one was running High Sierra.

Any and all suggestions and help are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!