Key Commands Overview as HTML Page

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 10, Cubase Artist 10 and Cubase Elements 10 here.
ohnow

Re: Key Commands Overview as HTML Page

Post by ohnow »

Thank you!

Just to keep resources together, here are a couple other options for default key commands (no user changes):

https://steinberg.help/cubase_ai_le_ele ... ult_c.html
https://shortcutworld.com/Cubase/win/St ... _Shortcuts
Cubase 8.5 Pro, Groove Agent 4 SE, EZDrummer 2, UR44, Focal 65's, Roland TD-50 V-drums, Akai MPK Mini

Main Machine:
Studiocat Platinum Laptop, Win 10 Pro 64 bit v. 1790 build 16299.125, Sky/Kaby Lake Intel Core i7-7700K @4.20GHz, 32GB DDR4/2400 (2x16) RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 500GB SSD Programs Drive, M.2 SSD: 250GB Projects drive, 500GB SSD Samples Drive

Backup Machine:
Dell Alienware 15 2016, Win 10 Home 64 bit v.1709 build 16299.248, INtel i7-6820HK @2.70Ghz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, 1TB Programs Drive, 1TB Projects/Samples Drive

External Devices:
WD MyCloud 4TB NAS (Wireless), WD MyBook 4TB (plugged into NAS), Seagate SRD0NF2 4TB, Seagate SRD00F2 2TB, etc.

jimmycooper

Post by jimmycooper »

Thanks! Just what I was looking for.... 8-)

Zaorsha_28

Post by Zaorsha_28 »

Brilliant! Thank you
Cubase Pro 10.5 | Win10 | Access Virus C / TI Snow

i7-6800K (3.4GHz) | 48gb DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte X99 Ultra Gaming | 3gb NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1060

guca02

Post by guca02 »

Am I the only one having problems with the Key Commands.xml file?

This html file works perfectly to show what's in the xml file, but that isn't the same thing as Cubase show in the Key Command window.

Example:
In the html "Show/Hide Infoview" and "Show/Hide Overview" are shown as belonging to "Editors" but Cubase shows them in "Window Zones".
In the html "Quantize" is shown as belonging to "MIDI" but Cubase shows them in "Quantize Category".

I'm writing a program that is dependent on showing this in the right place, does anyone know why Cubase store things differently in "Key Commands.xml" than what is shown in the Key Commands window?
Windows 10, Cubase 10.5. Ryzen Threadripper 3960x, 128 GB RAM, Asus Prime TRX-40 Pro
2 * Seagate FireCuda 2TB PCIe Gen4 (Raid 0), 2 * Dell P4317Q, RTX 2080 Ti
Audient iD22, Komplete Kontrol S88, S61 and S25, Røde NT2-A
Stream Deck. Developer of Cubase, Nuendo and MIDI plugins for Stream Deck.

fese

Post by fese »

guca02 wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:44 pm
Am I the only one having problems with the Key Commands.xml file?

This html file works perfectly to show what's in the xml file, but that isn't the same thing as Cubase show in the Key Command window.

Example:
In the html "Show/Hide Infoview" and "Show/Hide Overview" are shown as belonging to "Editors" but Cubase shows them in "Window Zones".
In the html "Quantize" is shown as belonging to "MIDI" but Cubase shows them in "Quantize Category".

I'm writing a program that is dependent on showing this in the right place, does anyone know why Cubase store things differently in "Key Commands.xml" than what is shown in the Key Commands window?
Weird! I don't even find "Show/Hide Infoview" in the Key Command Windows, just ""Show/Hide Infoline", which in turn doesn't exist in the .xml.
Never noticed that.
So it seems that they somehow transform the file for use in the window (which is likely because the .xml is only english and for the other languages you'll get the translated command names in the Key Commands Window).

ARNK

Post by ARNK »

This is pretty cool, thanks. Just curious, are you modifying the CSS in your own file to fit all commands on a single page?
"Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day."

thebabegrand

Post by thebabegrand »

Thanks a lot for creating this!
Cubase 10.5, Focusrite 18i20 (3rd Gen)
Windows 10 Home, i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, EVO 860, nVidia 1080ti

garymusic

Post by garymusic »

When I use this utility on Mac OS, it seems to be missing some of the key commands I have set. It seems when a command has more than one key command then the command is missing from the report. Not something that needs to change but it is something that you need to be aware of. Maybe someday, Cubase will have a Key Command export feature to a comma delimited file. Ok, I'm dreaming...
Cubase Pro 10.5,0, WaveLab Pro 10, Dorico 3.5, ProTools 2019-12, MacBook Pro i7, macOS 10.14.6, Apogee Ensenble Thunderbolt Interface, UAD-2 Plugins, Big Ben || Yamaha 01V96V2 Mixer (control surface and recording monitor)

fese

Post by fese »

garymusic wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:56 pm
When I use this utility on Mac OS, it seems to be missing some of the key commands I have set. It seems when a command has more than one key command then the command is missing from the report. Not something that needs to change but it is something that you need to be aware of. Maybe someday, Cubase will have a Key Command export feature to a comma delimited file. Ok, I'm dreaming...
Yeah, it would be really nice if such a feature would’ve been included in cubase.
Thanks for reporting the bug, I’ll have a look at it when I can, don’t know whether it’s fixable...

chikitin

Post by chikitin »

fese wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:28 am
Hi,
just for fun, I've written a small single-page HTML app which can load Cubase's "Key Commands.xml" and display it as nice table which you can then print
Excellent! Really useful. Bookmarked it.

I attempted to convert XML in python to HTML. I gave up! I see you used XSLT in the browser is to transform XML into HTML on the client-side. Great job!
Laptop: iMac, 16GB RAM SSD 2TB, Cubase Pro the latest w/ two external Monitors and SBX subwoofer
VST Connect Pro, NI Komplete 5, EWQLSO, HSO, GA 5
Synths: Yamaha PSR-A3000, Roland Fantom XR
Interface: Steinberg MR-816CSX, UR 22 mkII
Effects: Rocktron DSP, Lexicon MPX 550
Controller: Steinberg CC121, Yamaha KX25,49,88, Korg Nano Kontrol, Boss RC 300, Yamaha MFC 10, CMC-PD

garymusic

Post by garymusic »

fese wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:52 pm
garymusic wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:56 pm
Yeah, it would be really nice if such a feature would’ve been included in cubase.
Thanks for reporting the bug, I’ll have a look at it when I can, don’t know whether it’s fixable...
Thank You, it would be great if you could fix it. I program for a living but it is IBM Mainframe. Someday, maybe Cubase Pro 11, will have an export feature. Now that is a feature that would get some love on this forum.

Gary
Cubase Pro 10.5,0, WaveLab Pro 10, Dorico 3.5, ProTools 2019-12, MacBook Pro i7, macOS 10.14.6, Apogee Ensenble Thunderbolt Interface, UAD-2 Plugins, Big Ben || Yamaha 01V96V2 Mixer (control surface and recording monitor)

fese

Post by fese »

chikitin wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:14 am
fese wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:28 am
Hi,
just for fun, I've written a small single-page HTML app which can load Cubase's "Key Commands.xml" and display it as nice table which you can then print
Excellent! Really useful. Bookmarked it.

I attempted to convert XML in python to HTML. I gave up! I see you used XSLT in the browser is to transform XML into HTML on the client-side. Great job!
Thanks! As I had no prior knowledge of XSLT and my javascript isn't good either, it was a bit of a PITA. I could've probably done it faster in perl or powershell, but I wanted it to be cross-platform.

fese

Post by fese »

garymusic wrote:
Sat May 09, 2020 4:18 am

Thank You, it would be great if you could fix it. I program for a living but it is IBM Mainframe. Someday, maybe Cubase Pro 11, will have an export feature. Now that is a feature that would get some love on this forum.
OK, I found a fix. I wasn't able to join multiple Keys for one Command in one table cell, which would be prettier. Every Key Command has its own row. Could you please test?

evodem

Post by evodem »

This should be integrated to Cubase!

Very useful and looks also great!

Thank you!

loonsailor

Post by loonsailor »

ulesto wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 8:51 pm
-steve- wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:20 pm
Probably MacOS is hiding the filename suffix, so it appears to be .html, but is actually .html.txt
Thanks Steve. That wasn't it, but it gave me a clue. Text Edit doesn't save in plain text anymore as far as I can see (only rtf), so I was just re-saving it as html thinking WYSIWYG. Nope. Had to copy the text from Text Edit into Smultron to remove all the extra stuff and save it there. That worked.

Thanks to fese. It looks great!

Btw, if anyone wants the stripped down txt file, here it is. Maybe it will help you Magnus.

Key Commands.txt.html.zip
I found it easier to right click the link in the original post and save the linked file. Mac (Safari, I think, maybe Firefox - don't remember which) saved it as an html file. When I double click that file, it opens the page in a browser, just like it's supposed to.

Has anybody done a nice print style? The screen display looks great, but it's not as wonderful when printed.

Thanks for creating this!

fese

Post by fese »

loonsailor wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 4:58 am
Has anybody done a nice print style? The screen display looks great, but it's not as wonderful when printed.
I deliberately kept it simple so it can be printed on color or black/white printers. Printing HTML is always so-and-so.
Any suggestions how to make it prettier in print while keeping it printable?

Return to “General”