Thor with Music Studio

I like to play through some dedicated wind synth patches in the Thor app for iPad. However Thor won’t record. I’d like to play with my Thor patches and record into a Music Studio MIDI track, then export the MIDI file.

I looked in the Instruments area of Music Studio and there are quite a few apps in the ‘Inter App’ section (Sampletank, iMini, Magellan etc). However Thor is not there… Any reason why not?

Even if Thor is not shown there, can anyone tell me how to do what I’m trying to do: play in Thor with my nice patches and record MIDI in Music Studio? I have MidiFlow and tried connecting the two apps in it, but can’t see how to make that work. Any advice much appreciated.

BeePee

Today I tried Audiobus 2 with Music Studio. I could play with my Thor patch, but:

1. When I create a MIDI file in Music Studio, an MS instrument seems to have to be a second part of the sound. So I hear both Thor and the MS instrument simultaneously. That’s OK, and I can record MIDI, but only the MS instrument gets recorded, not the Thor sound. That would be OK, but unfortunately the MS instrument doesn’t track well, lots of extraneous notes, so it’s useless as a MIDI file to export.

2. I can record Thor without an MS instrument as an audio file, but when I try to export as a MIDI file no information exported excpt for one empty bar…

Please can the MS Customer Support help with this. I hope you are checking your Forum?

Hi BeePee!

1. To silence Music Studio’s instrument, simply set the track’s volume to 0 in the Instruments or the Tracks screen.
    To send the MIDI notes back to Thor when playing back the song in Music Studio, enable MIDI output in the Setup screen under MIDI / Ports & Channels, and make sure to enable MIDI input in Thor.

2. This is normal, audio tracks contain no MIDI (note) data.

I looked in the Instruments area of Music Studio and there are quite a few apps in the ‘Inter App’ section (Sampletank, iMini, Magellan etc). However Thor is not there… Any reason why not?

As far as I can see from the app’s description, “Thor Polysonic Synthesizer” is not Inter-App Audio compatible, it only supports Audiobus.