VST Transit Go Network Error

Hi,

I’ve been using Cubase 10.5 and VST Transit Go on iPads with a group of people on collaborative projects. Up until a few days ago, everything was going very smoothly. I have the 1 year premium data plan and own about 9 projects that are moving along. All of a sudden, my collaborators see an error message:

Network Error: Communications Error

After they successfully log in and open any of the projects I own. The local sync completes, but the end result is that only the users’ local tracks appear and playback. Any of my tracks show up as event blocks, but contain no audio data. I’ve tried re-sync and even renaming the tracks to force an new upload/download of data, but the same result appears. In effect, we are dead in the water unless we can figure out what is going on. Is anybody having similar issues?

BTW, I did download and install the current Cubase update, but it had no effect on the issue. I have one collaborator that is using the VST Transit Join Beta plugin on PC with the same issues.

Mark

The message indicates that the project may be corrupted.
If you have no problem with that, you might PM the project name and your VST Transit username.
However it is very unlikely that all of your projects fail. Nevertheless it might help for us to check the cloud project structure.

Hi,
Thanks for that response. I do have a support request in on this issue. I have no problem you PM’ing my info, but maybe I should wait for a response to my ticket. I posted here to see if this is a know issue or confined to me.

If you are correct that the project is corrupt, it would apply to all of my current projects as they all suffer from this issue. It is also interesting to note that if I open and contribute to project owned by another collaborator, that project exhibits the same issue. So, it may be that something about my account in general is at fault. I have considered deleting all of my projects on the cloud and then re-establishing then under a different name to see if that clears things up. That would be a pain, but not a show stopper.

Maybe special characters in your VST Transit username?

No Special characters. Remember, this was all working until a few days ago with no changes to my account that I can think of. I am able to log in from Cubase and do the project sync and no errors are thrown at that time. Its only on the collaborators end. I even created a second dummy account using a different email address and mysteinberg account to run the Go app on my iPad as a collaborator so that I can make sure the projects are all ok. Up until a few days ago, everything was fine.

No Special characters. Remember, this was all working until a few days ago with no changes to my account that I can think of. I am able to log in from Cubase and do the project sync and no errors are thrown at that time. Its only on the collaborators end. I even created a second dummy account using a different email address and mysteinberg account to run the Go app on my iPad as a collaborator so that I can make sure the projects are all ok. Up until a few days ago, everything was fine.

That’s very weird.
It may take longer with the ticket…will be back on Tuesday, if you haven’t gotten any further until then let’s check.

An update on my issue.

I never received any contact back on my Steinberg support ticket that was placed 4/24. Yesterday, I tried to call the support phone and gave up after 30 minutes on hold. I may try again today. I also sent created a new support ticket reverencing the original ticket, but I don’t hold out much hope for any response. I think Steinberg support is just swamped right now.

In desperation, yesterday, I deleted all of my projects from the cloud. I then took one of the projects in Cubase and deleted all of the folder tracks that referenced my collaborators. I had local copies of all collaborator tracks in my project so that data was not lost. I then bounced all of my local tracks to create simple audio events with no edits and did an archive followed by a backup to a new folder and project name. I was able to open the project in Cubase and validate that all of the data in the cloned project was present and played back fine. From that point, I opened transit and uploaded the cloned project to the cloud. I only exposed 4 stereo stem mixes from the project to the cloud by checking the visible and upload boxes. I then invited my my dummy account to the project. Using my iPad and the dummy login, the project appeared in Transit Go, but after sync, the same problem appeared! The 4 stem tracks show with an event block, but no audio.

I also opened up the e-licencer and did a maintenance operation just in case that had an issue. That completed with no errors, but made no difference.

I’m afraid that there is not a simple solution at my end and I may have to abandon this project.

Mark

a) told you it’s better to seek for help here. b) your problem is obviously not a common one, but we need to have a look at your project so to get an idea what might go wrong.
I take that the audio takes are there, but just empty blocks. This means that the cloud cannot find the related audio files. One possible cause could be naming of the files (usually named after the Cubase tracks). Possibly, those have special characters in their names? Anyway, I can have a look, but either you PM me your VST Transit user name (not mySteinberg, but Transit) and the name of your project, or if that feels uncomfortable you have to invite me to the project. The latter will take longer as there is much to do.

As an update, I took up Musi on his offer to look at my account via a PM. It turns out that I indeed had one track with a ampersand in the name. That track was a stem edit of the last set of overdubs made by my collaborators. When I went back and removed the bad character, the project now loads correctly with no errors. The interesting thing is that this one bad project seemed to kill my entire set of projects. So he is correct that is is very important not to have any bad characters in your track names and/or associated audio files. I had removed all of the projects from the cloud to troubleshoot this issue and I’ll now go back and re-establish them and re-invite the collaborators. I think we will be back in business!

Thanks again for taking a look at my account.

Mark

Thank you so much for helping us find this issue.
To clarify, this is a bug on our end and we will fix it asap, sorry for the inconvenience.

All projects are now working, so we are in great shape. Thanks again.