[Bug or Pilot Error] VariAudio Segments Issue

I usually use Melodyne, but I thought I would try Sample Editor/VariAudio in N8.1.10 to see how it works, but I’ve come across a couple of issues that might of course be pilot error.

1. If I go into Segment mode, select one or more segments and then click the Audition icon, it plays back the selected segments as expected and the cursor moves to the segment locations. However, if no segments are selected and the Audition icon is clicked on, all segments are played back , but out of sync with the cursor position.

2. Again in Segment mode, select one or more segments and press [Backspace] to delete them. The segments are removed. but when the Audition icon is clicked on, the deleted segments are still audible.

Am I misunderstanding what is supposed to be happening or are there bugs here?

Point 2 above: I think I am misunderstanding what happens here. When the user manual refers to deleting a segment, it just removes the segment (blob) but does not stop the original audio playing back from the audio part. I was expecting to not hear the audio where I had deleted segments. So, to not hear the audio under the deleted segments it is necessary to edit the original audio file and mute or delete the unwanted sections.