VOG / Z-Axis Speaker

Hi Fredo (and all) -

Thanks for the friendly reminder! As a matter of fact I haven’t been to Belgium since quite some time, but I’ll gladly follow this invitation as soon as I’ll get there again! :slight_smile:

I gave Nuendo’s Auro-3D-setups another shot - actually its 10.1-variant, strictly speaking. What still disturbs me is that there seem to be no differentiation in Nuendo’s Panner between second and third layer. :-/ While I can indeed do a “fly over”-like movement (i.e. center (1st) / (phantom) center top front (2nd) / VOG (3rd) / (phantom) center top rear (2nd) / (phantom) center surrounds (1st)), I can’t do this properly when the same movement starts hard left or hard right: In those cases, the panner will still go through the VOG speaker.

… while I could accept that to some extent in the case of those aforementioned “fly overs”, I can’t understand why I can’t do a simple circular movement in the second layer as soon as a VOG / 3rd layer is present: The front/rear-pans will always touch the VOG now, which is of course quite disturbing.

How am I expected to deal with that? Do I always have to switch off the VOG in the panner for circular movements in the second layer? (… as I just found out, this in fact is an automatable parameter :sunglasses: …).