RX 7 connect does NOT work

I love the way this works in Pro Tools control+Plus or Minus on the number pad and it slips by the nudge value. Can you do this in Nuendo? It is a option+shift and then use the mouse and hope for the best. Is their a way to do this with the key commands?

I absolutely love this feature in Pro Tools and use it all the time. Cubendo is hit and miss on this and it mostly only works on their plug-ins and not third party.

I couldn’t agree more so badly wishing for this in Cubendo. They introduced this in Pro Tools HD version 10 before the app was even 64 bit as a standalone 64 bit add on that would feed Pro Tools. In version 11 it became native when they became 64bit. I really, really, really wish Cubase/Nuendo would add this feature!

As well as CAF, so silly to have to change the extension and then import as a movie. Weird work arounds.

No doubt this drives me crazy and have spent so many hours with Hazel and AppleScripts to get this more sorted.

I’ve been saying for about 15 years now they should make a button so you can see at the top of the tool bar next to the active project thunderbolt that you are on Cubase/Neunendo default key commands when lit. When not lit it uses the user-defined commands loaded in. That way you can bounce from place to place fast and not have to worry about loading things in. Plus it is a fast way to test commands that might have been added or changed since that happens frequently (thankfully not as carelessly and fast as it does in Logic).

I would love to hear more about what you mean with this? Not quite as quick as Logic’s quick swipe comping but not far behind. They started first and were much better for much longer back to Cubase SX 3. With Cubase 7 and addition of playlist that gives me the best of both worlds and I love and depend on this feature for track organization rather than saving sessions and depending on session import data. I do multiple takes on any given day and date the playlist and still get to see all the takes that were done for that day. So, so helpful and so glad Steinberg kept both workflows when they added playlists and that they saw a need/benefit for playlists.

I have wondered/wished for that for years as well!

This would be so helpful for songwriting and capturing ideas.

Spotting from bins would help no doubt. You have probably seen Walker at this point.

Thankfully you can do this in Nuendo now! Looking forward to this in Cubase since they allow you to export video again.

I’d love to hear more and see examples of what you are wanting I think I have an idea with Atomos stuff but not certain.

No doubt, Cubase 10.5 added so many features that weren’t on the big list that were helpful but it hard crashes and crashes fast! Doesn’t like some of my key command.xml files.

Yes, and too vague of a question to answer.

Great post very much enjoyed reading, I felt the same way about the majority of your post! Things that keep me in both applications. Also all the processing that is offloaded by third-party plug-ins straight to the cards in Pro Tools.

Being able to add plug-ins while recording is very helpful and as was mentioned the Monitoring with PFL is the only way to go for mixing things in real-time for others as well as getting Solo In Front level for quick in the room tracking to bring a track out that you are recording in Cubendo.

I for one depend on the Project Logical Editor like crazy for so many functions and operations and very much love it. So glad that the Macro editor finally got some love in Cubase 10.5 and look forward to these showing up in Nuendo 11.