Video getting cropped

Post general topics related to Nuendo 8 here.
Eneco

Video getting cropped

Post by Eneco »

Hey folks,

I'm trying to import a 360 video file with the following properties:

- File format: MP4
- Video Codec: H.264
- Resolution: 4096 x 2048

Unfortunately the video player crops the video, so I can only see a 1/4th of the whole image. Also the image playback stutters and jumps. The frame rate is set correctly in the project settings. What am I doing wrong? I'm on a Mac by the way.

Thanks

cubass

Re: Video getting cropped

Post by cubass »

Hi,

seems to be a bug with videos in a higher resolution than 1080p - have the same problem with a (normal, no 360°) *.mov video file here in the 4K resolution. For seeing the burned in timecode and the full video I had to convert it first to a resolution of 1920 × 1080 or lower - for mac users, just use the export function in Quicktime.

Haven't found a information in the manual on the possible resolutions for use in Nuendo.

Greetings
Nuendo 8.x (& 10.3) | WaveLab Pro 10.x | MacOS X (switch hopefully soon) | Universal Audio Apollo & x8 (TB3) | Nuage Master & Fader Unit | Avid Artist Transport (EuCon) | Kontakt, UVI, Spitfire Audio and more | NS-10m | Dynaudio BM5a mkIII | K2500X | ...

cubass

Post by cubass »

Hi,

here you found the information for the "cropping":
https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... r-Nuendo-8

Or you can look at the topic on the new video engine (also in this forum).

Greetings.
Nuendo 8.x (& 10.3) | WaveLab Pro 10.x | MacOS X (switch hopefully soon) | Universal Audio Apollo & x8 (TB3) | Nuage Master & Fader Unit | Avid Artist Transport (EuCon) | Kontakt, UVI, Spitfire Audio and more | NS-10m | Dynaudio BM5a mkIII | K2500X | ...

SoundAvenue

Post by SoundAvenue »

Hi there,
I've the same issue with Nuendo 10. The video I try to playback fits all requirements but the video player is not able to show up the whole 4K frame. It's cropped to a smaller portion. The only way seems to convert the whole film from 4K to 1080, but this is an annoying workaround.
Sound Designer and Composer
https://www.soundavenue.ch/en/

Mac Pro 2019 3.2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W - GPU AMD Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB - OS 10.15.4
Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt - Nuendo 10.2.20

Return to “General”