Script Works in Halion Sonic SE but not Halion Sonic 3

Post topics about HALion scripting.
rmjmusic

Script Works in Halion Sonic SE but not Halion Sonic 3

Post by rmjmusic »

I recently exported a library that had capabilities of switching subpresets via the Sample Selector all while copying and loading parameters once the subpreset was switched.

When I export the library and bring it into HALion Sonic SE, it works no problem (it also works fine in HALion 6). However, if I load it into HALion Sonic 3, I get a script error. Unfortunately, I can't find what the problem Sonic has is since it only tells me there is a Syntax error but doesn't specify what it is. I've gone through my script in HALion 6 but I'm still not sure what is causing the error. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem? It seems odd. I would think if it works in SE that it'd work in Sonic and vice versa.

Thanks,
rmjmusic
Cubase Pro 10.5
Cubase Pro 10
HALioin 6
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Mac OS 10.13.6

abject39

Re: Script Works in Halion Sonic SE but not Halion Sonic 3

Post by abject39 »

This is a weird one. I would suggest to try to remove one block of code at a time and test the script in Halion Sonic. Also make sure you have the newest update. This might have been a bug that has since been fixed.
My vision is uncompromising: to transcend my clients dreams by mesmerizing their audience with the world's finest audio arrangements and products.

rmjmusic

Re: Script Works in Halion Sonic SE but not Halion Sonic 3

Post by rmjmusic »

Yeah, I've got the newest update. I tried reinstalling but that didn't fix it. I may try reinstalling HALion Sonic altogether.

I tried this same thing on 2 other ancillary machines with Sonic on them and it worked fine. Seems like something maybe funky with this one machine's HALion Sonic.

Thanks,
rmjmusic
Cubase Pro 10.5
Cubase Pro 10
HALioin 6
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Mac OS 10.13.6

Return to “Halion Scripting”