Free Alto Glockenspiel sound and Cubase Element 9 (solved)

I received e-mail from Steinberg which offers me a gift: “Free Alto Glockenspiel VST instsrument”. Nice, why not. I have Cubase Element 7, upgraded to 8 and leiter to 9.0.40 with HSSE 2 and Groove Agent 4. It says that I have to download sound and then enter activation code (which was also in e-mail). I was not able to register sound so I read some stuff and download Steinberg Download Manager and inside it download HSSE 3 (which is also free). Now I was able to register sound (Alto glockk and Marimba). Because HSSE 3 is standalone program I anc test it and it works fine. After all that, I started my CE9 and first message was: “Your licence for Alto Glock, Marimba has epiered etc”. Only solution is to manually deinstall those sounds. But I was never asked to enter activation code (which I have). Then I added instrument track and now there is HSSE 3. For Drums there is only Beat Agent but not Accoustic Agent which I have hard time to install in CE8. At the end, it was a gift which I should never accept.

To be honest, I don’t fully understand what you have said in that sentence, :wink: but regardless, the activation code has to be entered for these free vst instruments, and the licenses downloaded to the usb key or software elicenser.

Steve, thank you for your answer. First I have to download and install “Steinberg Download Manager” (which was new to me) so I become greedy and took not only Alto Glockenspiel (for which I get activation code) but also Marimba and Guitar Harmonics. Then I tried to register sound but in vain. Then I realised that I have to download and instal also free HSSE 3 which I did and register sound. With HSSE 3 it all works fine. Then I started my Cubase Element 9 and it says that license for those sounds has expiered. After some reading I started my eLicencer, did a maintence process and overlooked that “Enter Activation Code” button (yes, it is possible). Then I become angry and open this topic on forum. Now I started my eLicencer again and miracle happened, button “Enter Activation Code” was there, I entered my activation code for Alto Glock, took liccence and then started new project in CE9. There was no error for Alto Glock. I can confirm that it works. It was my error and false alarm. Sorry.
kind regards, nino