H6/Sonic 3 Bug?: Pitch Bend Range in Basic GM Library

Is it just me, or is the macro for setting the pitch bend range for these instruments broken?

Example:

Load [GM 061] Lead 1 (Square) in H6 and/or Sonic 3 or Sonic 3 SE. I’ve been testing in stand alone mode.

Pitch bend range is hard set to something like an augmented 3rd up, and a major 3rd down. I need to be able to change this range when working with GM and other ported in sequences.

I try changing the PB parameters in the EDIT Macro and they have no effect.

In H6 I cannot get to the zone to edit pitch modulation there as it is locked.

My only alternative seems to be dropping a “CC Mapper” into the program and design a curve there to compress the incoming performance data.

This is kind of a pain in the backside that requires a lot of tuning by ear to get it right! It’s also only good for H6…not an option for Sonic.

Any ideas?

I cannot get pitch bend range adjustments to work outside of the Basic set either. Through macros or otherwise.

In HALion version 6.1.15.89, Standalone 2.5.10.35, on Windows 10.

I tried it with a Voltage program (Brite Light) that has unlocked layers.
Changing PB range in the macro does nothing.
Changing PB range in the Zone/PITCH editor does nothing.

same issue +1

have to use a different VST for any GM files with pitch bend info

Hi,

In HALion version 6.1.15.89, Standalone 2.5.10.35, on Windows 10.

You are using an old version. Please update to HALion 6.2.10.
I cannot reproduce this neither on HALion 6.2.10 nor in HALion Sonic 3.2.10 or HALion Sonic (SE) 3.2.15

Gerritt explained to me what I was doing wrong.

I had noticed that changing the pitch bend range via RPN events works as it should.

[quote=Brian Roland}
With further testing I’ve found that a viable workaround is to force new settings via RPN events.

Still, the default is not ±2 semitones as per GM specifications.
Still, I can’t change it through the macro or zone editors.
[/quote]

As for making it so the controls in the Macros would work again…

In the options tab, there is a setting for accepting or ignoring RPN events. Disable those if you want to control pitch bend range directly from the HALion UI, Macro, or via custom MIDI or VST events.