Stereo external plugins: Left/Right insert selection

It would be much more convenient for me to be able to create a stereo external plugin (for rack gear in which there are duplicates) and then be able to select either left, right, or stereo from the insert selection. As it stands now, if I want to use a mono connection I have to go into my external plugins I/O setup, and ditch the stereo connection for a mono one. Then when I want to go back to using it in stereo, I have to go back into the external plugins I/O setup, and change it back. It would be nice to be able to just set a stereo external plugin’s I/O as desired, and then when I want to use only one device on a mono track I can select left or right (depending on which device I want to use), and choose stereo for my stereo tracks when I want to use both devices in tandem. I think this would greatly improve my workflow. Just an idea.

*Maybe there is already a workaround for this that somebody may know, but I haven’t found anything.

You can do it just in combination with cubase ,on the insert channel(need to build your own hardware chain first) , and than record it in a second instance of halion via sidechain. That how I do it greetz