Can Halion create Groove Agent kits?

My fingers are crossed :slight_smile:

I’ve piddled with the Macro and LUA capabilities of H6 a bit.

It seems entirely plausible that you could build some nice MPC styled things in H6, and set them up so they’ll work in the free SE Player. I doubt they’d be easily portable into GA anytime in the foreseeable future though. It’d be a Sonic instrument forever…which isn’t bad as long as people can get the free or cheap player for it.

Getting the base layout and functionality for a power user interface where users could drag your own samples to a pad and such, while possible, would NOT be trivial. Once you got it built however, you could use the frame work again and again for making new libraries.

However…if you simply wanted to make drum kits with that MPC look and feel, or, have the dancing drum kits look like we see in a lot of the newer GA content, with a set slate of sounds hard-wired in, some groove engine stuff, and a creative/intuitive mixing console with effect options and such…it wouldn’t be all that difficult once you got your feet wet in understanding how to set up and connect the macro elements.

You could ‘mimic’ GA in HALion to a very large degree…but it’d still be a Sonic/HALion instrument.