HALion 6, New Install - Where's the Content?

Post general topics related to HALion 6 and HALion Sonic 3 here.
TN Caver

HALion 6, New Install - Where's the Content?

Post by TN Caver »

I just purchased and installed HALion 6. When I open it either in standalone mode or as a VST in Cubase 9.5, there is no content. If I open the Load Multi-Program window, there is no list of instruments, samples, or whatever I'm supposed to see there. This was a problem with HALion SE that came with Cubase, too.

How do I get it to see the programs?
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Cubase Elements 9.5.10 Build 79 | HALion 6 | NI Komplete 9
Homebrewed hardware: Intel i5-3570 @3.40 GHz, 8G RAM

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Re: HALion 6, New Install - Where's the Content?

Post by Romantique Tp »

Are you sure you downloaded the full installer for Halion and Cubase and not just some update...? Halion is 28 GB.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

TN Caver

Post by TN Caver »

Yes, I downloaded the full 26 GB plus the update. I can see the files in the folder where I told it to install them.

On a hunch, I ran HALion Standalone Player in Administrator Mode (I keep my working Windows account using non-admin privileges as part of my anti-virus/malware strategy) and then I see all the programs. Then I ran the Library Manager in admin mode and moved the files that were installed in Prograam Files to where I wanted them in the first place, in a folder created by my non-admin user. And still I don't see them unless I run HALion in admin mode. I think the key is finding a folder to move them to where I don't need admin privileges to see them.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit | Cubase Elements 9.5.10 Build 79 | HALion 6 | NI Komplete 9
Homebrewed hardware: Intel i5-3570 @3.40 GHz, 8G RAM

RinNes

Post by RinNes »

This has happened to me as well. But I do not find anything using Admin permissions.

Return to “General”