HALion 6.0.10 / HALion Sonic (SE) 3.0.10 maintenance updates

Hi all,

The HALion 6.0.10, HALion Sonic 3.0.10 and HALion Sonic SE 3.0.10 maintenance updates are now available for download.

The updates resolve more than 80 issues in the applications. All details can be found in the version history.

HALion 6 maintenance update

HALion Sonic 3 maintenance update

HALion Sonic SE 3 maintenance update

Additionally there is a new knowledge base article for those of you who are experiencing user interface errors in HALion 6 on Windows 10.

User-Interface-errors-in-HALion-6-on-Windows 10

Thanks Matthias :wink:

Has HAlionsonic 3 really been updated ?

After the update of HAlion Sonic it still shows the version number 3.0.0.1018 from 31 January.

Hi Marsi,

Yes, HALion Sonic 3 has really been updated. Have you used the correct installer? Did the installation run well?

Still mousepointer glitches with Halion on windows 7 64bit.

Hi Matthias,

yes i´ve used the correct installer, the installtation did run well.
After i´ve made the update with the Halion 6 installer, I also tried the single installer for Halion Sonic 3.
The info menu still shows Version 3.0.0.18 from January.

It didn’t install correctly for you. The correction installation should show this:

Could it be you originally copied the vst .dll into another folder and you’re not getting the updated one in its usual place in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\HALion Sonic ?

No, the folders are at the original installation place.

But i can see that the installer has created VST 2 folders with the latest VST2 versions of Halion 6 and Halion Sonic 3, although i only have had a vst 3 installation of these instruments on my system.

The VST3 version has not been updated.

Only the Halion Sonic.srf file in the VST3 Folder was overwritten with the latest Version from 30.05.2017 !