Importing .fxp/b files into Halion 5

I have Platinum drum CDs that I used to use in older versions of Cubase and Halion, but am not having any luck with Halion 5 (in Cubase Pro 8.5).

I followed the instructions in the manual for importing .fxp/b files:

Load > Browser > location on C drive and drag files to slot rack. It tells me that there are no supported audio files.

Anyone have any ideas?

If you expand the folder that contains the fxp files in the Halion browser location tree, it should show the fxp/b files as “sub folders”. When you click on one of those, the related audio/wav files will be displayed in the result column to the right.

If no waves are displayed there, then it’s possible that the audio content for the fxp/b file is in the wrong location in relation to the fxp/b file.

Have you tried the “find missing samples” function ?

If you expand the folder that contains the fxp files in the Halion browser location tree, it should show the fxp/b files as “sub folders”. When you click on one of those, the related audio/wav files will be displayed in the result column to the right.

Yes, and I can see them.

If no waves are displayed there, then it’s possible that the audio content for the fxp/b file is in the wrong location in relation to the fxp/b file.

Have you tried the “find missing samples” function ?

I did, and it didn’t help.

Thanks for taking the trouble to answer.

Have you tried importing them using the import button to the right of the Category filter of Mediabay instead of just loading them?

I have.

It’s also possible that it’s a codec issue.

Not all files that have a .wav extension are plain uncompressed wave files. I’ve had files in the past that played in Media Player, but would not import to Cubase due to some strange codec being used for data compression. Maybe you should try converting the samples to standard wave with something like LameXP. I’ve had some success with that in the past.