TRIP's LFO waveform

Hi,
the Halion Sonic SE 2 synth module TRIP has got an LFO. Wich waveform it does?
And, in general, how to see an LFO’s waveform? Special oscilloscope?, special way to use normal oscilloscope?
Thanks if you know.

It uses the normal sine wave.

I don’t think you can access the LFO waveform in Sonic. You need the full Halion for that.

It probably won’t work to use an oscilloscope to detect LFO wave shape, because the LFO is only triggered when a note is played and then the note wil hide the LFO shape & frequency.

Hi Aposmus,
are you really sure?
I think instead Trip’s LFO produces a triangle waveform.
I explain to you why I think that:
I made tests with Retrologue (wich LFO has different waveforms), an oscilloscope, and the EQ analyser.
Played an infrasound note (C-2) and put the LFO on a sounding frequency (30 Hz).
First, LFO sine wave, then triangle wave.
The harmonics generated by the two waves (oscillator’s & LFO’s) reached 200 Hz (+ or -, don’t remember exactly)
with the sine, and 1000 Hz (+ or -) with the triangle.
Made the same test with Trip, the harmonics reached 1000 Hz (+ or -).
That’s why I think Trip LFO’s wave is a triangle wave.

P.S.
I forgot to tell I used a basic sine wave with Retrologue and Trip oscillators for the whole test.

What you think about this?

I went and checked again, you’re right.

I was looking at the LFOs in the zone tab, but Trip uses Mono LFO midi modules for modulation and they are set to triangle waves.

I still can’t see how to get to LFOs in Sonic though. It seems if you load standard Sonic sounds into a layer, you get to edit LFOs, envelopes etc. via the layer editor (the L1 L2 L3 L4 buttons). As soon as you use something like Trip though, it always shows the instrument macro page. I don’t know if there is a way past that.

Halion Sonic comes included if you buy the full Halion package, so to be honest I don’t really use it.