No sound using KONTAKT instruments

Hi everyone, I am new in this forum and I have a technical question for you all.
I am using Cubase 9.5 and while using Kontakt instruments in the project I cannot hear sound when the track is set to record and in monitor position, I have to initiate the actual recording mode (*) to hear the sound while is being recorded, of course you hear sound on the playback after recording is done. In the lower right corner of the Project Window I only see MIDI in activity when keying the keyboard, in the Mix Console I don’t see signals in the Stereo In 1 nor in the Stereo Out meters.
For me this condition is pretty bad because it doesn’t let me rehearse the parts as many times as I need before actually proceeding with the recording. Also it doesn’t let me customize the instrument sound beforehand.

I am using a Yamaha ES8 as MIDI controller and I have a Steinberg UR22 interface in my setup.

Hi and welcome,

Make sure the Constrain Delay Compensation is disabled in Cubase, please.

Hi Martin, I checked the CDC setting, it was disabled all along, I did try though changing the setting on and off and still didn’t work.
If you can think of anything else that could be the problem, I would certainly appreciate it if you can share that thought with me.

Also to any other member of the forum, ideas are welcome

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Could you try in Cubase Safe Start Mode [Disable preferences], please?

Or could you (backup and) trash your Cubase Preferences? Cubase Preferences folders are:
Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Cubase X
Win: %appData% Steinberg/Cubase _X__64