Cubase Crash/Hangs when Rendering Audio

Hi,

First time posting, so I hope this is the right place for this!

I recently opened up Cubase (9.5.5) to start a new project, which required some bouncing in place and audio editing. I wanted to affect a single Retrologue note, so I dragged it out to 4 bars and then rendered in place. I used: dry signal path, 24bit, deactivate original signal - what I would call pretty standard settings.
When I then moved the resultant audio file onto a new track, I noticed that all the audio in the session wasn’t working. Not just that, but Cubase didn’t seem to be detecting that the audio in there existed at all. Finally, when attempting to delete the original track (created by the render), Cubase completely hangs and I have to force quit.

Upon re-opening, everything is fine, but when I go to render again (anything) the same thing happens. I’ve opened a support ticket with Steinberg, but wondered if anyone else has had a similar problem recently. I’m hoping to share any sort of fix Steinberg come to me with, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Windows 10
  • Cubase 9.5.5
  • 64GB Ram
  • Intel Core i7-4930K 6-core
  • Focusrite Scarlett (3rd) 2i2

Hi,

We would need a DMP file to be able to point out, where the problem is.

Could you use Microsoft ProcDump utility to generate a DMP file and then share a link to Dropbox or similar service, please?

Also make sure your plug-ins are up to date, please.

Hi Martin,

Apologies for the slow reply, here is a link to the DMP file:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1woMorjvJNmHu4l1YmNVJNWWzVldSUhma/view?usp=sharing

If you need anything else to help resolve it I’m happy to provide it if I can