Mouse not working inside cubase

Use this forum for an overview of issues and to report new ones.
martin123

Mouse not working inside cubase

Post by martin123 »

It started two days ago. I can't click anything inside cubase but scroll wheel works & i checked with other two mouse same things happens again.it only happens inside cubase. I can click on top left function like file, edit, audio, devicees. For example i can click devices & go to vst instruments but can't click anything inside it, , keyboard works fine. I checked it with 8.5 & 8 same thing happens. Then i opened cubase in safe mode disabling preferences that didn't work too. What should I do?

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Re: Mouse not working inside cubase

Post by Romantique Tp »

What are your computer specifications? Have you installed the latest drivers for your GPU? Have your restarted your computer since you began having this problem?
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

martin123

Post by martin123 »

Yes, i have been restarting & checking for last two days, no i haven't installed latest drivers, specs are good

martin123

Post by martin123 »

Anyone else had this problem

martin123

Post by martin123 »

Romantique Tp wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:30 am
What are your computer specifications? Have you installed the latest drivers for your GPU? Have your restarted your computer since you began having this problem?
I found that my gpu drivers are up to date, what should I do?

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp »

This is a strange issue, I don't think I've heard of this happening to anyone else before.

You should probably contact Steinberg Support, but here's some things you can try (one at a time, close Cubase first):

-Make sure that Windows' DPI scaling is set to 100%
-Disconnect all USB devices besides the mouse and USB-eLicenser
-Try connecting your mouse to different ports
-If you have a USB hub, try connecting your mouse to it. If it's already connected to a hub, try connecting it directly to your computer.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

martin123

Post by martin123 »

Romantique Tp wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:41 am
This is a strange issue, I don't think I've heard of this happening to anyone else before.

You should probably contact Steinberg Support, but here's some things you can try (one at a time, close Cubase first):

-Make sure that Windows' DPI scaling is set to 100%
-Disconnect all USB devices besides the mouse and USB-eLicenser
-Try connecting your mouse to different ports
-If you have a USB hub, try connecting your mouse to it. If it's already connected to a hub, try connecting it directly to your computer.
It is working now the problem was dell laptop keyboard, i removed it from the laptop, everything is alright now, thanks for the support.

natedodge

Post by natedodge »

Very interesting. I'll have to try those troubleshooting tips a little later. Been having the same issue along with certain keys getting stuck like alt, etc... I'm thinking it might be an external USB device like my mouse.

martin123

Post by martin123 »

natedodge wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:04 pm
Very interesting. I'll have to try those troubleshooting tips a little later. Been having the same issue along with certain keys getting stuck like alt, etc... I'm thinking it might be an external USB device like my mouse.
If keys are getting stuck then its a keyboard problem. Remove the keyboard and try

natedodge

Post by natedodge »

martin123 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:23 pm
natedodge wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 6:04 pm
If keys are getting stuck then its a keyboard problem. Remove the keyboard and try
I use a gaming mouse with those functions on some of the side buttons. That's why i think it might be the culprit, but def worth checking the keyboard as well

jesmish

Post by jesmish »

I hav the same problem in nuendo

jesmish

Post by jesmish »

Set the screen resolution to 1366 x 768

Return to “Issues”