Scanning My Entire C Drive

:blush: I recently upgraded my Cubase from 8.5 pro to 9.5 pro. when upgrading i noticed i had to re scan all my vsts as they weren’t present on the plugin manager. I sadly didn’t fathom how long it would actually take to scan an ENTIRE hard drive at the time and proceeded to simply put “c:” in my plugin manager scanning locations. I can tell you now it has taken over 2 days (left the pc on) to scan. I have tried uninstalling the program but that didn’t work. i tried running the program in safe mode and it still wont skip the scanning feature when loading Cubase up.

Is there a way to reset my Cubase’s Scanning locations without opening Cubase itself or to just skip the scan on launch? :question:

Hi and welcome,

Trash Cubase preferences, please. Then Cubase will not scan the whole C drive.

Thank you so much! All sorted now!

I have the same problem and did a big mistake to add the C drive in the plugin Scan folder .
Cubase 10.5 is scanning for about 5 days now , without shutting down my PC …
Can somebody help me please ?
I don’t understand how I must do this : Trash Cubase preferences, please. Then Cubase will not scan the whole C drive.

Hi and welcome,

Cubase preferences folder is located here:
%appData% Roaming/Steinberg/Cubase 10.5_64. Rename this folder. When Cubase will start next time, Cubase will create a new folder with the default settings.

Hi Martin ,

problem solved ! :slight_smile:

Thanks very much !

Regards Rik

Hi. I got the same issue . I was lucky to find this post… thanks a lot
I find out u can also modify the code here \AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 10.5_64\Vst2xPlugin SearchPaths Cubase.xml … opening with block note and deletete what u want …u just need to delete a whole portion like this :

obj class=“FNPath” ID=“431718976”>
string name=“Name” value=“VST2” wide=“true”/>
string name=“Path” value="C:\Program Files" wide=“true”/>
int name=“Type” value=“1”/>
/obj>:

doing like this u don’t need to loose the other folders…
remember to delete the /obj> at the end otherwise that may generate an issue…