Cubase 9.5.10 won't import video

As you may know, since version 9, Quicktime is not used anymore and a new video engine is now fully integrated in Cubase.
My guess for your codec 1 is the framerate : “56.760121” that is not supported.
For codec 2, I don’t know…

Hi i had this problem just convert the video to the right encoder H-264 instead of MPEG 4
JFR

Importing Video works here, but Audio is out of sync. The intro of the audio loop once, before continuing. This is not a problem in Cubase 9. Only 9.5. I have both still installed. Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I cant get it working cubase 9.5 windows 7
I’ve tried .avi .wmv files so far. They are converted from utube using an online converter is this the problem? wrong codec?

Hi,

What codec is it, please? You wrote just the file format.

Martin, you never answered the question. You only stated what video format and video codec without your reason and examples even though there was no problem with cubase 8.5 and 9.0. Do you have an explanation?

Answer, please?

Hi,

I’m waiting for your answers. Once I know the codec and the application where did you Export the video, then I can investigate more and bring you more info.

I’m having the same issue, cannot import video files into project. I’m using Cubase Pro 9.5.30 on macOS Sierra (10.12.6).
When I try to import the video, it does nothing, gives zero feedback and won’t import anything.

Tried the following formats/codecs:

• .mp4 (H.264)
  • .mp4 (H.265)
  • .mp4 (MPEG-4)
  • .mkv (H.264)
  • .mkv (H.265)
  • .mkv (MPEG-4)
  • .mkv (VP9)
  • .mov (Lavc57.89.100 libx264)

Tried different converters (Handbrake and online converters), different FPS rates (10, 23.976, 24, 29.97, 30).
I don’t know what to do anymore. Cubase just won’t import ANY kind of video file.

I contacted support and the answer was:
<<The “Replace audio through video” function is a technology offered by QuickTime
It is not yet included in the new Cubase and the new Nuendo
Developers are working on this feature to integrate it with the new video engine.>>
I hope they resolve the issue quickly .sorry for my English!

So that means I cannot import ANY video file until they release that feature?
I don’t know what “Replace audio through video” means, but I don’t think we’re talking about the same thing.

Did anybody find a solution yet?

Hi,

No video import and Replace Audio in Video File are two totally independent features. You should be able to import supported videos.

I just tried reinstalling Cubase using this guide but still can’t import any videos.

Anyone?

I’m temporarily using VidPlayVST. It works well enough so I can continue working on my project.

It has been a PITA working with video on Cubase since forever (I started using Cubase on version 5 or 6). I thought they’d have improved that by now, but I think I was wrong.

Is video working in Cubase 10? This seems a long time without video support for Cubase 9.5… hard to believe

Hi,

The question is, what do you mean by “Is video working in Cubase 10?” In Cubase 10 you can import video. Since Cubase 10.5 you can even export (render) it out.

Well good that it’s working in Cubase 10. I have Cubase 9.5, and I’m frustrated that I can’t import a video recorded by Quicktime, though the manual says a “.mov” file should work.

Hi,

You were asking to Cubase 10, so I replied to it…

I have just checked Cubase history and that’s right, the new video engine has been implemented in Cubase 9.5. So you should be able to import a video (supported formats) into Cubase 9.5. In any case, I would recommend to go thru the supported formats table and I would also recommend to update to the latest Cubase 9.5.50.

Thanks for the resources Martin, yes that did it!

The problem was I was using Max/Jitter to create the videos, which were creating videos with a variable frame rate. Cubase doesn’t support variable frame rates. So I used Handbrake to convert the variable frame rate to a constant frame rate, and… it works! Thanks again.

Thanks Martin and Lid555.
I had the same problem and the Handbrake with the option of Constant Frame Rate immediately solved it.
Thanks again!!!

That tidbit about setting the “constant frame rate” in Handbrake just saved me. I’d be trying for a few hours to figure out why I could not pull an mp4 into Nuendo no matter what I converted it with. I’ve not run into this before…

Thank you for sharing this!