Help solve the problem with macros

The problem is in macros. If I use the plug-in for processing in a macro, then after the program is restarted it disappears - an example:

Edit-Split Range
Process-Revers
Process Plug-in-REVerence
Process-Revers

The macro does the requested action, but after restarting the program, I find that one of the commands has disappeared, and the macro does not work. This happens when using any processing plug-in when you try to apply it in a macro. It simply disappears :frowning:

Edit-Split Range
Process-Revers
Process-Revers

WIN10 64,Intel Core i7-4790K CPU 4.00Ghz, 32GbRAM
LUCROR

I am having exactly the same issue. In my case the macro used to clean an audio track is simply:

Gate plugin process followed by
Normalize process

The macro works fine during a session once set up and assigned to a Key Command, but the Gate plugin disappears from the macro after a program restart. The Normalize process remains in the macro after restart with the key command still assigned. I have tested with other plugin processes assigned and the plugins always disappear after restart, but the processes remain.

Win7 Pro 64bit, Intel Core i7-4790K 4.00GHz 16GbRAM

I’m also having an issue with parts of macros disappearing after program restart, and its driving me crazy.
My macro issue:
I have some macros like this

[Macro 1 name]

• [Other macro x]
  • [Process Project Logical Editor]
  • [Other macro y]

It works as intended until after restart where it becomes:
[Macro 1 name]

Another macro I have:

[Macro 2 name]

• [Other macro x]
  • [Built in command “Edit - Delete”]
  • [Built in command “Edit - Select none”]

After restart it becomes
[Macro 2 name]

• [Built in command “Edit - Delete”]
  • [Built in command “Edit - Select none”]

So the issue: a macro containing a reference to another macro, loses that reference after restart. The built in commands stay, and the Process Project Logical Editor command that I made, stays. But not the macro-calling-another macro part.

The macros never disappear from the Commands → Macro folder; it’s just within a given macro the macro->macro call part disappears.

I encountered this issue today and found a work around, It’s not perfect if you like to use your direct processing banks for other things. However you can save a processing chain with plugins in the “bank favorites” tab in the direct offline processing window. Just drag your plugin from the top tab to the box under the words “Bank favorites”. the number on the left is the corresponding favorite. then in macros replace whatever plugin command you were trying to use with “favorite (your desired favorite number)” under the “direct offline processing” tab in macros. Cubase will remember the favorite and apply the plugin to the selected audio.

1 Like

Add to bank favorits really works! Good job!
It’s still an issue till today, Nuendo 12.0.60.