Play from previous position

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 can be posted here.
loungery

Play from previous position

Post by loungery »

Hey there, future request which would save loads of time for all of us.

Key command for "play from previous position"!

Coming from Logic I do really miss this when composing and gotta get back to the last point.

Thank you
Cubase pro 10.5.2 | Mac OSX Catalina | Mac Pro 2013 Trashcan | 64GB

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Re: Play from previous position

Post by Prock »

Check out using the "0", ".", and "enter" keys on the number pad.

- Pressing the enter key starts playing.
- Pressing the "0" key once stops the playing and the cursor stays at that position. Press it again and the cursor will move back to it's starting position.
- Pressing the "." key (in play or stop mode) moves the cursor back to the beginning of the project.

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.5.20, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

raino
Grand Senior Member

Re: Play from previous position

Post by raino »

Also there is a Preference you can set that determines if the playback cursor returns to its start position or not.

There is a Key Command which allows you to toggle this Preference setting.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.5, Win10 Home, Halion6, Groove Agent 5, WaveLab Pro 10, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Latest: Bawdy Politik https://rodgerraino.bandcamp.com/releases

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”