I'm ANGRY that Steinberg has no dedicated affordable controller!!!

It is a plastic toy.

CC121 could be great if steinberg updated their software for it. Actually it is the common problem for all controllers for steinberg cubase, if cubase does not have good support for contollers no one will be able to build a good one. Best so far seems to be avid, but they have abandon cubase it seems.

+1
Nektar is just too clunky and too big for my taste. The fader are not motorized so it’s not suitable for mixing.
Have CC121. Love deep integration with the motorized fader. But jog wheel jumps in 1/16 and it’s not possible to decrease the steps ormake it jog in frames. That very uncool.
No update since 2015.
So Steinberg give us at least a firmware update for cc 121. It’s still availible for buying why not some maintnance updates.

You can actually edit VSTi’s with Avid Artist Mix/Control. Like you, I had no idea this was possible when I first owned an Artist setup. :slight_smile:
Here’s how to do it (from Avid’s documentation):

To access VSTi parameters on MC Control:
1 Select an instrument track.
2 From the top level knob set, press PAGE >.
3 Press the VSTi knob top.
Parameters for the instrument on the selected track are displayed and can be adjusted with the encoders.
To access VSTi parameters on MC Mix:
1 Select an instrument track.
2 Press and hold the INSERTS knob set selector until it blinks, then release.
Parameters for the instrument on the selected track are displayed and can be adjusted with the encoders.

I use x-touches - they work fine… oh and an old bcr2000 mapped to my inserts…

OK, lets speculate and dream about a CC121 mark 2 hardware

1. A better transport/AI knob. Bigger and be concentric type like shuttleexpress.
  2. A display for the QC/EQ (and maybe for transport)
  3. A shift button ala CMC.

and of course a lot better integration of cubase functions.

A modular design, a 1 Motorfader module that could click on to the next Fader or 2,4 or 8 rotary knobs maybe even an OLED strip
Every module should have connectors on all sides so you could place them both horizontally and vertically, to make your own fully custom build mixing environment.
Some easy to use setup software that would recognize what is plugged in to what would make it a real contender in the controller marked.
You could start with a simple setup and grow it over time, or split it up if you want more controllers doing different things.

It would be great! But i don’t think it will be affordable, but maybe a avid killer.

We use Mackie Control Pro with extender. Built like a tank and with options to control EQ, dynamics and vet plugins. Next to that we use TouchOSC on an iPad for extra controls like commands, channelstrip, surroundpanner, transport and control room. With theMackie extender you have 16 ALPS motorized faders. Not the most inexpensive option, but still way cheaper than a Nudge system.

That said, if Yamaha/Steinberg would ever release a scaled down (cheaper) version of the Nuage system with 16 faders, I would definitely be interested!

my view on controllers. Although nice to get hands on, none of them are practical for speed. I tried the eq one and several others in my time (started using Cubase in 1994 there about) and all are slower than using a keyboard and mouse… Well at least for me. Maybe when they are faster I will invest. However they get outdated extremely fast : ( so maybe not

+1

CC121 MK2

We really want it Steinberg. Please.
Give us an affordable Yamaha/Steinberg hardware.

+1 Excellent add!

CC121 MK2 is another great idea! :slight_smile:

+1 for CC121 mk2

At the moment I have combination of launchpad mini & x-touch mini running through Bome Midi Translator as MCU/Generic remote, though it works great (for example with one button I open insert6 and MCU is automatically assigned to the plugin on insert6). But dedicated controller with updated integration and design would be awesome

I use Icon qcon pro + Icon qcon pro ex, and for EQ and inserts theres nothing like a mouse, i use a kensington trackball actually but its the same…
it would be great to have rotary knobs that update its function when an insert is opened but if i have to use the mouse to select which insert i want to edit the logical move would be to keep my hand on the mouse and edit there…

+1 for CC121 mk2 and please add the ability to address the entire re-designed channel strip in Cubase 10!

I have a Mackie MCU Pro with 3 extenders for 32 motorized faders, pan knobs, and full transport & scrub section with many extra programmable buttons. It works flawlessly with Cubase and I love it. Highly recommended! The lights go out infamously, but you can order cheap replacements and after you tear them apart it’s literally only two solder joints to get them replaced. They’re super cheap these days, relatively speaking. Great controllers, and they look like a small analog console which gets my creative juices flowing. I love that they scroll to & select tracks in Cubase when you touch a fader. The only confusing thing is that they have to be setup in backwards order when you create Mackie Control instances in Studio Setup. That confused the heck out of me the first time I tried to set them up. Since then, been running smoothly

talk about first world problems… but yeah would be nice :slight_smile:

I went for the Behringer X-Touch mini after a little research I realized that, if I can only afford one fader, the x-touch does pretty much everything that the CC121 does, for quite a bit less. I have it set up to use in Mackie and General Midi modes and it works flawlessly either way. I’m not sure why these are not more popular than they are. It greatly enhances my work flow. Once I got the hang of it and memorized major functions (masking tape is your friend, write small), I can’t imagine working without some kind of control surface.

Hi namreglrac ,

I am glad I found your post and you can maybe help me to make this little device useful with Cubase - also for me.
I have configured it as Mackie Control. So I am for example able to control the EQ of 1 track or the PAN of 8 tracks, ok.

But I havent found way to control 8 track volumes, what do I have to press before?
When I press the “Solo” button the only thing that happens; the song position marker jumps a bit to the left.
The click of the rotary buttons have no effect right?
With the X-Touch editor I cannot change anything regarding the MC mode, right?
Are there ressources or a community about this?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Copa017