Midi clock out. Offset compensation

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 can be posted here.
NightRunner

Midi clock out. Offset compensation

Post by NightRunner »

When using Cubase Midiclock OUT for starting playback of external hardware sequencers (via both USBmidi and soundcard midi) I get an audible offset of about 14ms compared to internal VSTi-drum track.

Ableton has a midi clock delay compensation in its preferences. It seems so extremely essential to be able to compensate for hardware that i am stunned that this isnt a setting possible to do in cubase. (Not that i am aware of anyways)

The only workaround i have is to delay offset every recorded track manually in its track delay setting.

Please make a Midiclock Sync Offset

(PS. Yes, I have tried settings like Direct music, timestamp, ignorefilter ports etc. It makes no difference)

lordExtra

Re: Midi clock out. Offset compensation

Post by lordExtra »

This one's been treating me well on that matter: https://www.e-rm.de/multiclock/
HP z820, dual 6core Xeon 2643v3 3.5GHz, 64GB, AMD FirePro 5100, Samsung 850pro, UAD Octo PCIe, 2x RME Raydat, Cubase Pro 10, Windows 10 1903

LSD

Post by LSD »

Bump. You shouldn't have to buy another device to achieve this simple and very important function in your DAW. It's really frustrating. I'm still on 6.5 (stable on my OS), just re-setting up my studio, trying to sync my Jomox and Xoxbox to cubase is a ballache. Same. 14ms delay, sounds unworkable. Play a preset beat from Arturia Spark Vintage in standalone mode, Midiclock out adjusted for latency, nice and tight. Now I want to start a proper project with that beat, can't do it.

le_barde

Post by le_barde »

I have been dealing with this issue for many years and I'm happy I found a free workaround using voxengo latency delay.
I made a quick video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG90TCri0_g&t=4s
Hope that will help some people out there..

I don't understand why there is no midi sync offset in cubase :shock:

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”