VU meter/Peak meter/both option for all audio channels

+1

1 Like

Revisiting this again - as it has still been bugging me, especially how this should be standard for mixing. I know we mix with our ears - but all the great consoles also have loudness meters, and often peak reduction meters too.

The reason I’m visiting this again - saw the maintenance update recently released, and remembered that Steinberg usually releases their next gen updates annually around November / December (the steps to either point updates or next version - expecting 10 next this year).

To be honest - although I have no idea what will be in the new release, this is one of the few things right now that will make me update. I’m really hoping this will be included, along with some more flexibility in the inserts routing capability for each channel. It is 2018 after all.

Please Steinberg - I will always be a Cubase fan - but I’d really love some improvements in the Mixer department.

1 Like

vu meter/peak meter
+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like
  • 1!
1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

+123

1 Like

Just found out that Ableton has this opption. Realy hope that Cubase will come up with it soon

1 Like

+1

1 Like

Bump - for Cubase 11…

1 Like

+1 This would be so useful for mixing and mastering!

1 Like

Pro Tools metering options… PT has 17(!) metering options for the mixer channels: :astonished:

And GR Meters in the mixer channels too.

1 Like

+1

1 Like

It really boggles the mind that this feature hasn’t been implemented yet. Every professional console I’ve ever worked on has rms/vu metering for every channel. Why fixate exclusively on peak metering? There should be an option to switch between Peak and RMS metering, or show them both simultaneously. Or add it to the Meter Bridge. Anyone else think the Meter Bridge set to Peak Metering is kinda pointless? Redundant, perhaps? :confused:

Metering plugins = bad workflow. If I have 60 tracks I can’t look at them all onscreen at the same time. They’re fine for checking the Master Bus but not every track.
I wish Steinberg would consult working professionals to help with their console design. There should be a phase switch on every channel next to the fader (like every other professional console) but that’s a whole other conversation.

1 Like

Not sure if you people have tried it but you can get sort of halfway to a VU meter by adjusting the fall time of the meter I think. By adjusting just how quickly it shows energy drop you at least get that part of the equation - peak on the way up and a sort of integration on the way down… no?

I’m in post though and use Nuendo so I don’t really work in a way where I need a VU on each track (or LUFS). But I figured you guys could try that out and see if the meters feel better.

One nice aspect of Cubase 12 is that SuperVision now includes a VU meter view. (Thank you, Steinberg!)

Still no solution for individual tracks, but the new feature is helpful.

yes +1

1 Like

Maybe in Cubendo 12.5 ?