More color options to make a lighter theme possible

Sure, that’s what I’m saying, if one wants to double it’s daw as sunbed, that should be possible, but for me personally I’m happy that there is focus on these issues

It seems that a lot of users are not happy with design choices steinberg makes - lots of GUI Inconsistencies (very good summary here 7 design issues that should be easy to fix in Cubase - Cubase - Steinberg Forums), limited color schemes (NEW CUSTOM COLORS SCHEMES * TERRIBLE* - Cubase - Steinberg Forums), bitmap based UI, ugly not scalable fonts, -
it’s time to hire some UI professional and rework and unify UI - something for C10 next year.

More like it’s time to grow a little more patient because they’re obviously in the process of updating the entire interface. Did you not notice that they already got rid of a bunch of old styled windows, buttons and knobs in Cubase 9.5?

Also pretty much everything listed in that first thread is either a matter of opinion or completely obvious (but they either haven’t gotten to it yet or they’re waiting for a scheduled feature revamp so they don’t have to do the work twice).

I find it interesting that I haven’t seen one Steinberg person comment or weigh in on this

Usually future developments are kept private.

I see it as reverting to what was before. You could make it as dark and drab as you wanted before, so I don’t see lightening it as a ‘development’ :rofl:

Well to me the interface of C9.5 is yes all black, your right, it is not that colourfull. And the way in preferences to set colors is ok, but it is all dark. One guy on the forum said he used a sort of brown colour, so i changed that in prefs. To me black is good, or lets say cubase 9.5 has a dark interface. And i like it because i like black and it seems i can view it a lot longer time then brighter colours. So for me it is all fine, my cubase now looks like an old vintage dark black-brown colour. I like it. Being said that yes, you cannot seem to get Cubase 9.5 with white colors or anything, and that is hopefully to be changed. Mainly hopefully mr steinberg can make a cubase that really lets you setup the color you really want. The same goes for the way 9.5 is like, windows and opening or closing is devided into things that has gotten way better to work with. But opening en closing effects windows, while i like the tabbed interface more. (i hate windows that open and close and disappear behind echt other). So C9.5 is quite ok with all of it. I like it good, so i understand if there are users that do not have what they wanted or haven had in the past and lost it, specially colours.

I came from SX3 and C6, so C9 is quite good for me because i like thay way its all dark, so when i revert back to SX3 and C6, i can favour C9.5 over all.
But i understand Cubase overall should have colour schema’s that revert back to the looks of older versions ?

I don’t have the feeling that design-wise Steinberg is either listening or noticing where the most important shortcomings are.
Instead they optimise things (like 9.5 custom color feature), nobody asked them for.
By trying to make it better they make things kind of worse.
Saying that, I must admit that I still work with C9 -
but one the the main reasons for that is this dark scheme custom color thing they introduced in 9.5

AMEN

People tend not to comment on their own feck ups. Not much of a surprise, given this utter mess.

+1 I don´t quiet understand why they put limitations in this new color scheme thing.

Someone isn’t paying attention

Amen to that…it is an utter mess…a mistake in judgement

in general yes there is. The OP wants to be able to control more areas. Which I agree with by the way. But I did this one as a joke in about 1 minute. Getting a light theme is easily possible, getting a contrasting light theme because of specific areas that can’t be customized is difficult.

There is no way to really lighten the mixer GUI or the Inspector. if so please show me how to attain the view on the left of my attachment, which is C9 while the view on the right is C9.5, as light as i could get it

the mixconsole is not fixable … as we keep saying, there are specific areas that need to be exposed. The color choice system isn’t really the problem. It’s a bit unnecessarily limited, but the real issue is the choice of what to color.

Why isn’t it ‘fixable’ as you say? It was just fine before. I have been loyal to Cubase since VST 32 and never encountered such a dark and drab GUI. I certainly won’t update to 9.5 unless this is rectified

+1

+1 for the option to increase the brightness/contrast of text. Most noticeable on the peak level readout.

+1000000000000000

Please, give us option for a light theme, we’re in 2019, come on guys!