Activate/Deactivate ALL Insert Effects on a Channel in the Mixer window

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 can be posted here.
dbh

Activate/Deactivate ALL Insert Effects on a Channel in the Mixer window

Post by dbh »

I wish to easily deactivate/disable ALL Insert Effects on a channel .

At the moment you can activate/deactivate an individual Insert effect by Alt + CLicking the bypass button. This is not available on the Insert header to allow Activation/Deactivation of ALL inserts on that channel. The Bypass option is available on the Insert Header in the Mixer, the Activate/Deactivate Effect is not.

Please add the ability to Activate/Deactive all Insert Effects on a channel on the Mixer window itself by allowing Alt + Click on the Insert header.

Cheers,
dbh

EDITED to change focus of feature request to Mixer Channel headers rather than individual inserts.
Last edited by dbh on Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mozizo

Re: Activate/Deactivate Effect on Mixer window

Post by mozizo »

use "Alt+click" on the bypass insert on MC to activate/deactivate
cheers
cubase 10.5 pro ,halion 6 GA5 HS2,HSO,Dark planet,neosoul keys.
Sony vaioF13 i7 CPU win10 8gb
Steinberg MR816csx ,MR816x ,UR44 ,CC121
Motif es6-Kawai Mp4-Korg PA4X-MOXF8
cubasis,cubase ic pro

dbh

Re: Activate/Deactivate Effect on Mixer window

Post by dbh »

Hi Mozizo,

Thanks for that - I'd also read about Alt + Click but hadn't been able to make it work. When you posted I tried again and realised why; it works well on the individual inserts but doesn't work on the Insert header (where you can still bypass all the effects) which must have been where I was trying when it didn't work.

I will change the feature request to enable the Activation/Deactivation of all inserts on a channel by Alt Clicking the header as this would work even better for my purposes.

I need to deliver STEMs which all require their own processing. Normally I only need 3 or 4 but my template is set up to process as many as 10 depending on the project. I'd like to keep 6 of them deactivated to free up CPU/RAM but would want to activate them all easily - an Alt + Click on the header would be the best way.

Cheers,
dbh

infernorobot

Re: Activate/Deactivate ALL Insert Effects on a Channel in the Mixer window

Post by infernorobot »

Hello dbh,

Sorry for jumping in on this very old thread, but have you found solution to this "problem" yet? I think this would be a really neat feature indeed. I have Cubase 10.0.50 and as far as I know the problem still exists.

Cheers,
infernorobot

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”