Lower Zone MixConsole - view toggle

All feature requests and suggestions for upcoming releases of Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 can be posted here.
vlne

Lower Zone MixConsole - view toggle

Post by vlne »

Lower Zone MixConsole - missing key command option for Faders, Inserts and Sends view and a toggle key (keyboard) switch (between all three modes).
In addition I also miss EQ, Compressor and all other strip modules there. It should be possible to customize (add some more) view buttons on the left side of the Lower Zone MixConsole. Now there are just three of them.
I like this Low Zone concept, but for now it is not so usable. I need key commands, to be able to quickly change desired view. I work with my both hands, the keyboard and a mouse. Thanks.
i7-6800K 32GB, ASUS X99 AII - latest BIOS, SSD 950 PRO 512GB M.2, W10 x64, GTX 1060 6GB, 2x 2560x1440 32" LCD, RME Fireface 802, MR 816 CSX, Behringer ADA 8200

orchetect

Re: Lower Zone MixConsole - view toggle

Post by orchetect »

Agreed.

But just FYI in case you didn't know, you can at least cycle through the Lower Zone MixConsole views (Faders, Inserts, Sends) by using PageUp / PageDown (while focus is in the LZ MixConsole).

In fact, these key commands are assignable in the Key Commands window:
  • Window Zones -> Show Previous Page
  • Window Zones -> Show Next Page
Last edited by orchetect on Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steffan Andrews | Composer | Developer | website | imdb | gear list
System 1: 2019 Mac Pro - macOS 10.15.5 - 16-core - 192GB RAM - 8TB SSD - 580X
System 2: 2013 Mac Pro - macOS 10.14.6 - 3.5GHz 6-core - 64GB RAM - 4TB SSD - FirePro D500
DAWs: Cubase 10.5.20 | Dorico Pro 3.5 | Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.5

Crotchety

Post by Crotchety »

vlne wrote:Lower Zone MixConsole - missing key command option for Faders, Inserts and Sends view and a toggle key (keyboard) switch (between all three modes).
In addition I also miss EQ, Compressor and all other strip modules there. It should be possible to customize (add some more) view buttons on the left side of the Lower Zone MixConsole. Now there are just three of them.
I like this Low Zone concept, but for now it is not so usable. I need key commands, to be able to quickly change desired view. I work with my both hands, the keyboard and a mouse. Thanks.
Amen to all that...
orchetect wrote:But just FYI in case you didn't know, you can at least cycle through the Lower Zone MixConsole views (Faders, Inserts, Sends) by using PageUp / PageDown (while focus is in the LZ MixConsole).

in fact, these key commands are assignable in the Key Commands window:
  • Window Zones -> Show Previous Page
  • Window Zones -> Show Next Page
Thanks, I didn't know that. A pity that it doesn't actually cycle, or I could just have it all on one key, on the left-hand side of the keyboard where I don't have to look for it... :D
Instruments: Piano/keys, Guitar, Mandolin, Vocal
Current Sounds: Cactus Juice (@Soundcloud) - Former Sounds: Ask Murt (@MySpace)

Every day's a skool day...

aumordia

Post by aumordia »

+1 here. It would be nice if there were two other buttons I could select from the left hand column of the lower zone mixer, one that would let me see the EQ, another that would let me see the channel strip. Or perhaps it would make sense to have them combined? I'm not sure, but certainly, having the channel strip and the EQ accessible from the lower zone mixer would be a welcome addition.

AtticBoy

Post by AtticBoy »

I really wish we could see all the faders, inserts and sends on one screen. Logic, Studio One etc. have had this simple option for years, why not Cubase?
- Mac OS 10.14.5 Mojave

- MacBook Pro Mid 2014
- 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
- 16 GB Ram

- Cubase 10.0.30
- Focusrite Clarett Thunderbolt

djw

Post by djw »

AtticBoy wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:55 pm
I really wish we could see all the faders, inserts and sends on one screen. Logic, Studio One etc. have had this simple option for years, why not Cubase?
Open the MixConsole.

Leonard_A

Post by Leonard_A »

When using the lower zone what shortcut/key command to switch between mixconsole, editor, sampler control and chord pads? So I don't need to use my mouse. Cheers
Windows 10 Pro | Cubase Pro 10 | Ableton Live 10 Suite | WaveLab Elements 10 | Cubasis | HALion 6 | Groove Agent 5| NI Massive | Xfer Serum | Lennar Sylenth1 | CC121 | PUSH 2 | UR28M | HS7 monitors | DT770 | DT1990

Return to “Feature Requests and Suggestions”