Upgrading CPU....will this cause problems?

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
unknownsaxophone

Upgrading CPU....will this cause problems?

Post by unknownsaxophone »

So....I've been fighting computer capacity problems for quite some time now, even after having my current computer built specifically for music production. I guess I should have know by the amount of money I spent that this one is not up to the task. I don't think a lot of computer geeks are aware of just how demanding music production is. After doing a little research I learned that my CPU is a AMD FX-6300....which is apparently only equivalent to a middle of the road I-3 processor.

My question is this....what kind of misery am I potentially causing myself if I upgrade the CPU? Will this cause me endless licensing problems etc? Or will this be relatively painless? I've already upgraded the memory and that helped a little but obviously that isn't the core problem and I don't think I'll ever be successful until this is adressed. I use a lot of plug-ins, etc and there is really no way around this.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Upgrading CPU....will this cause problems?

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

If you own Cubase Pro or Artist, the license is stored at the USB-eLicenser. So you will not have any license change. If you own Cubase Elements/LE/AI, you might be asked to reactivate, which is quick process for 1 minute.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Return to “General”