Midi Editor

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
cdenz

Midi Editor

Post by cdenz »

Hi everyone,

This might seem like a basic question but I'm trying to learn better the Midi Editor when editing multiple tracks at one time. In the attachment I have four tracks selected to view and edit. Two of the tracks have overlapping notes. Is there a way to lock the midi notes not currently selected? I find it sometimes difficult to select the notes I need to move if they are overlapping each other. Or is there a way to select all the notes on one track to move all of them at one time without moving the notes on the other tracks that are selected? Hopefully that makes sense.

Also, is there a way to change the color of the midi notes that aren't currently selected/being edited?
Attachments
Midi Editor.JPG
(89.58 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Cubase Pro 10.5 | Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz |32Gb Memory | 3TB Hard Drive & 240GB Solid State Drive | Win10 | Steinburg UR22 Audio Interface | Korg Triton Workstation

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Midi Editor

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

Enable Active Part Only. Then only the notes of the active part will be selected and processed.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

cdenz

Post by cdenz »

Thank you for the reply. Where in Cubase do I Enable "Active Part Only"?
Cubase Pro 10.5 | Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz |32Gb Memory | 3TB Hard Drive & 240GB Solid State Drive | Win10 | Steinburg UR22 Audio Interface | Korg Triton Workstation

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,

See attachment, please.
Attachments
Screenshot 2020-05-26 at 12.33.38.png
(21.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

cdenz

Post by cdenz »

Thank you Martin! Very helpful!

Return to “General”