BAK Files and Folder - Organization

I would absolutely love this feature and don’t see why having a folder that holds all of these files would be a bad thing or the need to say you’re OCD if you want this. The closest thing on Mac is to sort by type but not as clean as on Windows. I think possibly that it doesn’t cause as much pain for Windows users who open up projects from Cubase/Nuendo because all of those extra unneeded files do not show. On a Mac from the Finder just like Windows in the Explorer shows all the files but also opening from Cubendo shows all these bak up flies and such an eye clutter. I really only need to see my most recent session.

Can you help me understand why changing that would be really bad? The only thing I can think of is when Cubase crashes you it auto asks you that there is a more recent backup file do you want to open that instead. They could just program it to look in the backup folder instead. A preference under General that reads “Create a separate folder for backup files” would be awesome and help those with “OCD!”

If anyone is on a Mac feel free to PM me and I can send you watch folder rules I have set up with Hazel that leave only the most recent .bak file in the folder and moves all the other files to a backup folder. It’ would be nice to not have to keep projects in a watch folder and all the computers I use Nuendo on this just works.

1 Like