How to remove VST instruments

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
John Jones

How to remove VST instruments

Post by John Jones »

How do I remove VST instruments from the track/rack list from the righthand side of the the project window? Somehow I ended up with multiple copies of Halion SE and now I can't get rid of them. It's easy to add instruments, but when they are there they are stuck for good it seems.
i7, 250gbSSD, 1TB data drive, 16gb ram, akai mpk mini remote, fatar keyboard, Nvidia gtx1060 graphics, Soundblaster Xfi-5 soundcard internal, Steinberg ur22 external, cubase 9.5, cinesamples, kontakt, win 10

c28560

Re: How to remove VST instruments

Post by c28560 »

Yep. Seems like an oversight.
Cubase Elements 10.5
Yamaha MOXF8, MOXF8 Editor, YC-3B Organ VST, MOXF8 Remote Editor
Steinberg: The Grand 3.1, Halion Symphonic Orchestra ,Hypnotic Dance,PadShop 2,Zero Gravity Sound Set
Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.6.1e + lots of plugins from pluginguru.com
Toontracks EZKeys
Acer laptop with Intel Core I5, Samsung 500GB SSD, 8GM Ram, Windows 8.1 (Auto update: off), 22.5" LG monitor (1080p)

Hurmpie

Post by Hurmpie »

Click on HALion SE, on the top you can select "No VST Instrument". If it's an Instrument Track, you can also remove the track itself.

c28560

Post by c28560 »

The 1st part doesn't work for me.

With the Instrument Rack on the screen (F11), I click the Halion SE instrument to select it, then click on Rack then click No VST Instrument.

The Halion SE instrument is still there. Tried refreshing the rack, toggling F11, it's still there.
Cubase Elements 10.5
Yamaha MOXF8, MOXF8 Editor, YC-3B Organ VST, MOXF8 Remote Editor
Steinberg: The Grand 3.1, Halion Symphonic Orchestra ,Hypnotic Dance,PadShop 2,Zero Gravity Sound Set
Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2.6.1e + lots of plugins from pluginguru.com
Toontracks EZKeys
Acer laptop with Intel Core I5, Samsung 500GB SSD, 8GM Ram, Windows 8.1 (Auto update: off), 22.5" LG monitor (1080p)

Hurmpie

Post by Hurmpie »

You must click on HALion Sonic SE (or whatever plugin), not on Rack or Track, that's only for adding a plugin.

Plugin.jpg
(21.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet

John Jones

Post by John Jones »

Good. First time in twenty years anything I asked about my music programs on the internet ever got solved.

What you didn't say was LEFT-CLICK on the title.
Don't right-click like I did, for weeks on end.
i7, 250gbSSD, 1TB data drive, 16gb ram, akai mpk mini remote, fatar keyboard, Nvidia gtx1060 graphics, Soundblaster Xfi-5 soundcard internal, Steinberg ur22 external, cubase 9.5, cinesamples, kontakt, win 10

dyslexia

Post by dyslexia »

Just read this - that's such a pain - but now I see how to do it - I can rid self of those pesky extra instruments
Been using cubase since the dawn of time
:lol: :idea:
CuBase Pro 10.5.10, iMac (6 core) OS X 10.15.3, Nord stage 2, racks of great synths (MKS50, D110, EMU Proteus, Kurzweil, Bass station, DM5 etc) ESI Midi patch, Lexicons, Focusrite Thunderbolt I/F, Teles, Strats, Framus, Gibsons, Lowden, Laney, Fretless Precision, Trace Elliott, Blackstar, Auratones, Quad
got cubase (1) in 1989 and still not made a number one hit !? - or any hit for that matter
http://www.dyslexiasoft.com

Return to “General”