"Play From Selection Start" toggle or permanent

Greetings!

I would love to know if it’s possible to have a toggle key for “Play From Selection Start” or maybe even assign it to the spacebar while also being able to “stop” with the spacebar. I can assign “Play From Selection Start” to the spacebar, which works how I want it to work, but the only problem is that I can’t stop playback anymore, and I don’t want to have to use another key to stop playback. This behavior would be similar to Ableton and works very nicely because if you’re editing audio files the and you press play it will automatically start from the start of the region that you have currently selected, saving you an extra click.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Greetings to you too… :wink:

A suggestion…

Try using the lower 3 keys on the numeric pad.

• The “0” key will stop the playback. Hit it again and it moves the cursor back to the starting point of the playback. Hit it a third time and the cursor moves back to the project beginning.

• The “.” key will move the cursor back to the project start position. If pressed during play it moves the cursor back to the project start point and play will continue from the beginning.

• The “Return” key starts playback.

After you get used to these keys it works pretty good (it does for me anyway). :wink:

Good luck.

Regards :sunglasses:

@EffeX1

I wanted the same functionality as you mentioned, so I made a Macro (assigned to Space) that includes the following commands:

Transport - Locate Selection Start
Transport - Start/Stop

1 Like

i’ve got another problem. after i stop playback, my cursor always goes to start position of any selected clip.
i put my cursor to desired position and playback begins normally, but after i stop it returns to selected clip…
how can i deactivate “play from selection start”?

I’m having the same problem and it’s super irritating!

1 Like

There is an option https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQcUAgJqSqU

Same problem

Same here… How do you stop that ?? Can’t work…

Ok I found ! => Transport / désactiver le mode d’édition avec suivi de la vidéo"

1 Like

Use play from selection start with shift+ space for Ableton style playback.

Thank you very much. This was driving me crazy !!

Just make short cut of Go to left locator.If you keyboard has number panel on side. (As mine dont have ) then press number 1. It will take you to start of loop every time to press1 or shortcut key

Yes, this was SO annoying! And I’ve been suffering with that for ages. Whats the porpuse of that feature? God! Thank you!