Why no link to pdf manual in Help menu?

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
GargoyleStudio

Re: Why no link to pdf manual in Help menu?

Post by GargoyleStudio »

+1 for context help (which they used to have years ago). But I still like the PDF version because I can search through quicker. Although most help info I get now comes from a web search and I dive into either forums or videos :)

Mike.
[Win10x64 latest, Cb10.5 latest, MOTU PCIe, UAD2, Waves, Soundtoys, O9N, Arturia, Omnisphere]

banjo1

Post by banjo1 »

Gotta add my two cents here too! When viewing the PDF, I get a relatively powerful search engine in Adobe acrobat. The online Cubase help search engine is TERRIBLE!!!! If I look for the word "Tempo? I do NOT want 500 documents I have to sort through! I want to be able to quickly skip through ever instance the word shows up in the doc till I find the section I'm looking for!
PC: 8 core AMD Windows 10 Mac: Mini (Sierra) Cubase Pro 9.0.20 (Also Live 9.7, Reason 9.5 .. I cannot decide which I like best! )

raino
Grand Senior Member

Post by raino »

banjo1 wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:16 am
Gotta add my two cents here too! When viewing the PDF, I get a relatively powerful search engine in Adobe acrobat. The online Cubase help search engine is TERRIBLE!!!! If I look for the word "Tempo? I do NOT want 500 documents I have to sort through! I want to be able to quickly skip through ever instance the word shows up in the doc till I find the section I'm looking for!
Excellent point.
rodger

Cubase Pro 10.5, Win10 Home, Halion6, Groove Agent 5, WaveLab Pro 10, BFD3, GPO, Komplete Ultimate 9, Waves Gold, Misc. other

i7 4771 Haswell Processor 3.5GHz, ADK LGA1150, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX970, RME Fireface 400, 2x UAD-2

Latest: Bawdy Politik https://rodgerraino.bandcamp.com/releases

dasoft

Post by dasoft »

If you want many links to pdf files in the help menu :
in the file "help-urls.xml" (help directory of cubase)
- duplicate the block <entry id="Help">...</entry>
- put it after </entry>
in the new block and the entry corresponding to your language (us, fr, de, etc) :
- write the text of your new title between <title></title>
- write the path of the pdf file between <url></url>
(by example file:///C:\Program%20Files\Steinberg\Cubase%209.5\documentation\Cubase_Pro_Artist_9_5_Mode_d_emploi_fr.pdf)
don't forget to save the first file "help-urls.xml" before doing this operation.

SF_Green

Post by SF_Green »

dasoft wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:27 am
If you want many links to pdf files in the help menu :
in the file "help-urls.xml" (help directory of cubase)
- duplicate the block <entry id="Help">...</entry>
- put it after </entry>
in the new block and the entry corresponding to your language (us, fr, de, etc) :
- write the text of your new title between <title></title>
- write the path of the pdf file between <url></url>
(by example file:///C:\Program%20Files\Steinberg\Cubase%209.5\documentation\Cubase_Pro_Artist_9_5_Mode_d_emploi_fr.pdf)
don't forget to save the first file "help-urls.xml" before doing this operation.
Thanks dasoft, that worked nicely! I did need to download MS XML Notepad; using Notepad or Wordpad didn't let me save it properly.
Here's the link if anyone else wants to try:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downlo ... px?id=7973
Cubase Pro 10.5.12, Wavelab Elements 10.0.20, Live 10.1 Suite, Reason 10.4, SonarPt-2017.10, Finale 25, Komplete12 Ult, Omnisphere 2.6, BFD3, ARP Omni, many things with strings.
RME FireFace 800 (D 3.125, fw 2.77), Adam A7X, UAD-2 Quad, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, A-800 PRO, CC121, Alesis QS7.1, Arturia BeatStep Pro, Maschine MkII, POD HD500
Ryzen9 3950X, ASrock 570X Extreme4, Win 10 Pro x64 v1909, 32Gb CorsairDDR4-3600
GeForce GTX 950 (442.74), NVM SSD 500Gb (OS), SATA 3 & 1.5Tb
GrSltz My Studio

ChantiGreene

Post by ChantiGreene »

Also you can reprogram the F1 shot cut to the local PDF Offline Help file

https://youtu.be/tGeLzn35CA4

Return to “General”