Steinberg Product Activation FAQ

All about our Cubase LE and Cubase AI OEM bundle software.
alienleague528

Re: Steinberg Product Activation FAQ

Post by alienleague528 »

is there anyone i can talk to online? Or perhaps, send better pictures/screenshots in any way? Maybe then you'll have a better idea of what needs to be done?

senert

Post by senert »

Hello,
I used my Cubase AI before i format my PC.When i tried to reinstall and reactivate, I have problem that reactivation code is the same the old one and my soft e-licenser says "no product found on this elicenser.". You can see in screenshots.
aaaa.JPG
(58.39 KiB) Not downloaded yet
bbbb.JPG
(52.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi,
senert wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:19 pm
Hello,
I used my Cubase AI before i format my PC.When i tried to reinstall and reactivate, I have problem that reactivation code
Do you mean the Soft-eLicenser Number? If this is the case, download the eLCC Helper to generate a new Soft-eLicenser Number, please.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

J Sager

Post by J Sager »

I’ve been attempting to install Cubase AI4 on a Windows XP computer for a week. I’m using Windows XP for hardware compatibility reasons. Some of us are still using 32 bit OS for this reason. I have an active license for Cubase AI4 on an elicenser dongle. It appears to me that Steinberg have set it up to make Windows XP effectively useless with their products. If you try to download the latest elicenser software it says that it is too old and won’t function. Well the next version is Windows 7(non XP compatible) so... I emailed Steinberg and they responded with “Windows XP is no longer supported”. I understand ending support for an OS but there is a big difference between ending support and crippling existing software and *quiz* off license holders with this elicenser bull crap. All this does is discourage me from buying more products from you in the future. I’m going to attempt to install on Windows 7 next week. If this doesn’t work I’ll be moving on to greener pastures.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Post by Martin.Jirsak »

Hi and welcome,

Cubase 4 is not supported neither anymore (for many years).

"Not supported" also means the related software (eLCC in this case) is not tested with the old software anymore. So it might happen, some changes to the software makes it incompatible with an older Cubase. No one is testing it, because it's not supported.
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Return to “Cubase LE and Cubase AI”